7 Day Motivational Thread Starting August 26 2013 - Luck is no excuse

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting August 26 2013 - Luck is no excuse

Old 08-28-2013, 01:59 PM
FitDay Member

GOALS
1. 6 servings each day--which would give me 42 for the week
I find weekends I don't usually eat as many veggies so to get to Sun with that many would be something!
Mon 6, Tues 4, Wed 6
2. Exercise 4X for 30 min no, no, yes
3. At least 6 glasses of water Mon yes Tues no Wed no
4. Stay within carb limit (if I eat more veggies it shouldn't be a problem) Mon YES--well under, Tues no, Wed yes
5. Lose 2lb

A great thing about eating more fruits and veggies my blood sugar readings are really good
Jenn
Old 08-28-2013, 08:51 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by jjrudd
A great thing about eating more fruits and veggies my blood sugar readings are really good
Jenn
That never occurred to me. In fact I thought your fruit would be restricted as some people talk about the sugar and carbs in fruit. I've always wondered if it was true that eating a lot of fruit would be harmful due to the sugar content. Possibly if one ate just fruit and no veg? DK just speculating. Because I am not watching my sugar I assumed that all produce would be healthy.

I am down to 159.5 this am. I am blown away by this. I think it's the f and v I am eating, thanks guys for the motivation. I have been gearing towards maintenance the past few weeks anyway but now I am there. Fitday has been so impt to this journey and especially this thread (Hello Hope that means you too, thanks for starting me here last Xmas).
Old 08-29-2013, 12:04 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Robingen
That never occurred to me. In fact I thought your fruit would be restricted as some people talk about the sugar and carbs in fruit. I've always wondered if it was true that eating a lot of fruit would be harmful due to the sugar content. Possibly if one ate just fruit and no veg? DK just speculating. Because I am not watching my sugar I assumed that all produce would be healthy.
Robin, it depends on what kind of fruit. I am careful about what I eat. I learned peaches and strawberries are really bad because they are full of sugar, bananas too. Canteloupe, blueberries, and watermelon are all good. Apples fill me up but if I have one I usually only have half. I basically learned by trial and error.

Corn is loaded with carbs so that is something I only eat if I'm putting it in soup since the portion would be small. I love corn on the cob in the summer but can't do it
Jenn
Old 08-29-2013, 02:03 AM
FitDay Member

Congrats Mern on the new family member, Teri on the new family, and Robin on reaching your goal. Kudos to all others who are others who are doing well, and sympathies to those struggling.

Apologies for being so terse. Will try to post more on the weekend.

- Donna
Old 08-29-2013, 02:13 AM
FitDay Member

Libby - thinking about you as you are probably having the surgery about now. Fingers crossed for the outcome and for fast recovery.
You are certainly entitled to a few cashews!
Old 08-29-2013, 02:21 AM
FitDay Member

Robin - you rock!

(F&V count: 34 at the end of Wednesday)
Old 08-29-2013, 03:08 AM
Super Moderator

My goals will be basic.

Health and Fitness
1) Lose 1 pound (Starting at 200.4)
2) Drink 100oz water/day yes, no, no
3) 3 fruits/veggies/day yes, no, no
4) Workout 3 times yes, no, yes

Other
5) Keep Calm and don't get arrested so far so good
6) Write 2 policies 0, 0, 0
7) Two RAK's (not knocking someone's teeth down his throat WILL count as one RAK, considering he is deserving of it) 0, 0, 0
Old 08-29-2013, 03:10 AM
FitDay Premium Member

I have you in my thoughts and prayers Libby!

Week goals:

1. Log all food eaten daily: Yes, yes, yes
2. Stay under 1,200 calories: Yes, yes, yes
3. Lose weight: stay tuned....
Old 08-29-2013, 03:32 AM
FitDay Member

Went grocery shopping this morning and my Mom bought a package of glazed donuts and corn on the cob. ARRGH!!
Hoping you get the 3 veggies in today Mike!!

Jenn
Old 08-29-2013, 03:44 AM
FitDay Member

Robin! Way to go on all the hard work you did to reach goal!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.