7 Day Motivational Thread Starting August 26 2013 - Luck is no excuse

Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting August 26 2013 - Luck is no excuse

Old 08-27-2013, 02:49 AM
Super Moderator

very nice pics Terri.
Old 08-27-2013, 05:35 AM
FitDay Member

taubele: Gorgeos bride, handsome groom, beautiful gown, what more can I say but wishing you all the best for a happy life together. I too have curly hair
and it takes work to make it look good. I know what you are going through.

Mern: No wonder you were MIA. I hope that things settle down for you when hubby can help out.

Let's have an awesome week.
Old 08-27-2013, 06:46 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Okay, my pouting is over. I did have a bad week and still face stressful situations at work and personal life the next few weeks. However, I have a grasp on things. I love my job, because I get to go to work and help people in need and that are in destitute situations every day.

On a happy note, part of the stress is about to end. I am in graduate school and will graduate in a few weeks with a master's degree in applied behavioral science. Yay! If I can hold on to my 4.0, I will graduate Summa Cum Laude! I am a perfectionist, which is the main contributor of my stress levels. I take classes at night after I work full-time and then run around in between to my kids sports practices. I have research papers due almost every week that have to be around 18 pages or more. I will not settle for less than an A, so I have pushed myself to the limit. I used to eat unhealthy food to get through stressful times, but I am scrambling at how to replace it with healthy options. Pouting was not the answer, but after a few days of pouting, I am back to my happy and optimistic self.

I am keeping my simple goals and still striving forward.

Love your profile picture Mern; what a beautiful baby.

Your wedding pictures are beautiful of you and your husband Taubele. I love how happy you both look.

Nice to meet you Cassie.

Congrats Adyndravo on your 1.5 pound weigh loss!

Week goals:

Calorie intake under 1,200: Yes
Lose weight: hopefully
Old 08-27-2013, 07:09 AM
FitDay Member

Renewed Soul: I couldn't accomplish what you do in 2 life times. You are an incredible woman. I am happy to hear that you are back on track again. Have a great week and know that I am thinking good thoughts for you.
Old 08-27-2013, 09:13 AM
FitDay Member

So far today has been a better day, calaorie wise. I got 5 pints of greenbeans done today. I also got in my walk away the pounds 1mile tape. I have been kindof down since friday. I am wondering if I am not a little bipoler. I have a few days that are way up. get all kinds of things done. Then I have a few days where I am just down in the dumps. I really wise I could get myself leveled off.

terri wedding picts. are wonderfull and the dress is great.

Mern sorry to hear abouty the school bus thing. When we lived in town, we were on the wrong side of the street. My sister drove her self to and from. I just walked across the street and got on the bus and no one said anything. The baby is a blessing.

Cassie welcom back.

Goals this week
8 + cups of water-m=y
Exercise 4 times m=nt=y
log everythingI eat m=y
post at least once a day.m=y
Old 08-27-2013, 12:26 PM
FitDay Member

Goals:
1. Drink lots of water: M-Ok, T-N
2. 7 hours of exercise: M-70 minutes walk/run, T- 40 mins swim, 60 mins yoga class
3. 50 servings fruit and veg: M-11, T-10
4. Post daily: M-Y, T-Y

Teri, the pictures are GREAT thanks for sharing.

I'm not really sure why I didn't drink more water today not normally an issue. Should not have made it a goal I guess.

So to those who have admitted that you have a TOXIC schedule, congratulations, acknowledgement is the first step to recovery lol. The next step is to figure out the problem e.g. can't say no, put yourself last. Myself I get too excited and enthusiastic about too many things and get all broiled up in them. Eg. last winter, I was working full time, plus part-time, plus teaching yoga and TAEKWON DO.(and family stuff etc) I was doing all these things because I love them but my self care was a struggle and I had no spare time to deal with unexpected stuff. That's my story. I am working on fixing that. It takes a while.

I just want to share a yoga understanding of emotional eating for those who do that: We need to be in a parasympathetic (relaxed) state to properly digest our food. Food eaten when you are stressed out will HARM your system. Guess what, eating when you are upset is the worst time to eat. Sorry to sound lectury about this but I felt that those who emotionally eat should know this.

Ok guys how are we doing with the fruit and veg challenge? I have 21 in so far, I am so glad we are doing this and I am focusing on it. Challengers?
Old 08-27-2013, 12:51 PM
FitDay Member

Goals:
Accurately record everything I consume: M=Y, T=Y
Keep calories between 1200-1400: M=1875, T=1675
Report in here every day: M=Y, T=Y
Walk at lunch 4 days: M=Y, T=N
Use the yoga CD at least once.

Grrr... I forgot I had lowered my calories from the 1600 range to 1400. I thought I was on track.
Old 08-27-2013, 01:24 PM
FitDay Member

169 by the end of the week
calories: M-863 T-953
3 fruit and 4 veg every day: M-Y T-Y
8 glasses of water: Y, Y,
exercise every day: Y, Y,

Another good day.
Old 08-27-2013, 01:25 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by libby116
169 by the end of the week
calories: M-863 T-953
3 fruit and 4 veg every day: M-Y T-Y
8 glasses of water: Y, Y,
exercise every day: Y, Y,

Another good day.

Way to go! especially on the f and V challenge!
Old 08-27-2013, 02:16 PM
FitDay Member

GOALS
1. 6 servings each day--which would give me 42 for the week
I find weekends I don't usually eat as many veggies so to get to Sun with that many would be something!
Mon 6 Tues 4
2. Exercise 4X for 30 min no, no
3. At least 6 glasses of water Mon yes Tues no
4. Stay within carb limit (if I eat more veggies it shouldn't be a problem) Mon YES--well under, Tues no
5. Lose 2lb

UGH not a good day. Tomorrow is another day though.
Jenn

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.