Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
7 Day Motivational Thread Starting August 26 2013 - Luck is no excuse >

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting August 26 2013 - Luck is no excuse

Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting August 26 2013 - Luck is no excuse

Old 08-27-2013, 01:27 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks to all for your congrats on the birth of my great-granddaughter. My avatar, different from yesterday, is another shot of her. Yeah, I'm doting. LOL

So many of us have to perk up our attitudes about our life situations and I know full well that is not easy for many of us. I was lucky to find a good day during which I stopped to count blessings amid all the family crises we've had lately.

Terri! Hi! I've been gone for so long that I didn't know you got married! Wishing you and DH a lifetime of happiness together! LOL on the freshman looking so young to you. I'm more than twice as old as you, so I didn't even think of that. I have grandkids older than college freshmen. LOL Best wishes for a wonderful, fulfilling school year and another successful job hunt. What are you teaching this year? LOL on the "don't-eat-the-gravy-stupid-train." So wise to set simple goals until you get your school year started.

Libby, kudos on your recent weight loss! Glad you had another good day yesterday. Our thoughts and prayers will be with you Thursday and during your recovery. Great that you got your phone service back! Wise choice on the fruit pops! Thanks for your sweet comments on baby Camden's pic. I wish I could have bananas--they're too high carb for me. But I can enjoy banana flavored dairy blend--faux yogurt, but healthful and low carb.

Jenn, I hope you're feeling better today. Thanks for your comment on my great-granddaughter's pic. On my water--I just got busy and forgot because I had gotten out of the habit of making sure I got in at least 64 oz. I'll put a note by the computer to remind me since I get on here a couple times a day. Wonderful that your niece is a bright spot in your life. How old is she? I love that learning to walk experience, too. I hope things are OK between you and your Mom now. Big cyberhug to ya.

Ian, thanks for putting "Luck is no excuse" in the title of this week's thread. It looks like many of us have been into emotional eating--and in the past that was so unlike me. Best wishes on curbing the social drinking. I know that's not easy and the calories surely do add up.

Cassie, great to see you! If you have time to read this thread, you will see you are not alone. Several of us are returning this week after being away for an extended period of time. How wise to wedge your foot in the door by posting a hello and posting your simple (they're not brainless) goals. Those goals are not always easy to achieve in our busy lives. Kudos to you!

Hope! Welcome back! Big hugs and best wishes for getting back into a happy place.

Nyda, hi. Congratulations on your weight loss last week! Sorry about the thunderstorms and rain waking you up. I love cantaloupe! Glad you got to enjoy that!

Kocial, thanks for your comment on my great-granddaughter's yawning picture. Her great-aunt who took the picture is a professional photographer and she said that's her favorite shot. I'm on top of the world right now. Wow, you certainly do eat healthfully. Best wishes on your scale moving--you'll get it figured out.

Robin, I am bound and determined to deal with my toxic schedule caused by my grandkids not qualifying for busses due to the district's financial crisis--no high school busses at all and busses won't pick up grandkids from my home even though they go right by--they will pick up kids only from their own homes. My daughter starts work at 7:30AM, so brings the kids to my house in the morning and I get them off to school. And now the main road I have to travel will be westbound one way only from tomorrow until the end of the calendar year. So instead of my four round trips to schools leaving at 7:30, 8:45, 1:00 and 2:45 18 miles total, it will now be a freakin' 35 miles daily driving due to the detours. I don't get much done between school trips. BUT in another month or so DH will be able to help me with the grandkids' transportation.

Mel-Mc--a virtual cooties shot. Thanks for the great chuckle! Wishing you a wonderful and happy new school year of success and healthful eating. You could have done a lot worse--great that your knowing the candy bar calorie overage is beneficial to you--using that to knowledge to get back on track.
Old 08-27-2013, 01:40 AM
FitDay Member

Jenn, thanks for posting that Terri's wedding pic was on last week's thread.

Cassie, the link directly to that picture is https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...12136113_n.jpg

Terri, OMG, girl! You looked GORGEOUS in that dress and the pic of you and Michael is ADORABLE. You can see the love shining from your faces. Oh, and you're so welcome for the birthday PM.
Old 08-27-2013, 01:44 AM
FitDay Member

Mern, she just turned 14 mos (4 days ago). She is such a beautiful girl (and yes I'm biased). She's special because she reminds me so much of my sister in her facial expressions and mannerisms.

Jenn
Old 08-27-2013, 02:00 AM
FitDay Member

CASSIE You're back!!!!! Welcome baby, honey!!! Wow we got the old gang, you, Terri, Mike, Mern and some great new and newish people here!!!!

Mern, awwwww, your avatars....awwwww... super baby cute

Terri, you can do it!!!! Plus what is wrong with wavy hair? DD has it and when I had hair lol I had it too. Waves rule!!!

Last edited by canary52; 08-27-2013 at 02:10 AM.
Old 08-27-2013, 02:09 AM
FitDay Member

Goals:
1) healthy eating with one cheat day or meals instead of seven: yes
2) walk or gym 3x this week (gentle) - I really wanted to go to the gym waited for DH and didn't go MY BAD
3) stretch daily -yes
4) writing a priority -yes
5) meditation -yes
6) stay off internet while working- turned it off, booyah
7) study Spanish -si
8) stay positive -yes
9) lose 2+ pounds of "indulgence" weight - already lost one
10) I'm in for 35 servings of fruit and veg - 6,
Old 08-27-2013, 02:13 AM
Super Moderator

Thanks for the welcomes back...

Terri, the photo is gorgeous. Hope the day was everything you expected and more.

Mern, keep enjoying that beautiful girl. What a precious time! I remember you talking about your GD when she became pregnant; it's so nice to see she had a healthy baby who will have a family full of love.

Hope, yes, so good to see everyone and looking forward to meeting the new folks as well.

Robin, I didn't ignore your toxic schedule reference, but I'm in denial...or rather, in the back of the room slouching down in the back of my seat.

Will update goals later; just wanted to make the connection while making myself sit and eat a real breakfast before running out the door. Another jail day, so no water goals for me this week .
Old 08-27-2013, 02:20 AM
Super Moderator

welcome back Cassie!
Old 08-27-2013, 02:22 AM
Super Moderator

My goals will be basic.

Health and Fitness
1) Lose 1 pound (Starting at 200.4)
2) Drink 100oz water/day yes
3) 3 fruits/veggies/day yes
4) Workout 3 times yes

Other
5) Keep Calm and don't get arrested so far so good
6) Write 2 policies 0
7) Two RAK's (not knocking someone's teeth down his throat WILL count as one RAK, considering he is deserving of it) 0
Old 08-27-2013, 02:26 AM
Super Moderator

Mike: I am a very silly person and I missed what you had written in white - my complete and sincere condolences to you. Pixelated hugs.

Robin: I hear you on toxic schedules. What generally happens to me is that I have difficulty saying "no", and that is something I'll be working on for all of my life, I think. My schedule also just seems to "peak" at certain times of the year where all I can do is basically hang on for the ride. I struggle with procrastination. I also adore my students, and I probably do a little too much for them (they're college students - finding the balance of 'I'm here to help you' and 'I'm not your mother' is hard for me!). I end up putting myself last. Being here has been the only thing that's ever helped me with that!

Cassie: The wedding was fabulous, thanks for asking!! I'm about to pop up a bunch of pics at the end of this post, as the professional photos finally came! Life is hectic - like Mel, I can't wait until first day of classes is overwith (on Thursday, here) as it seems like one can sort of take a big breath from all the endless 'welcome back', 'welcome, freshmen', 'welcome, new members' and 'here we go!' parties, of which there seem to be at least three every week. We also have a new President here, so there have been a LOT of parties welcoming him to every group of the college. Sheesh.

adyndravo1: I love a good thunderstorm in the middle of the night!

ian: CURSES ICE CREAM! Luckily DH seems to be eating it; I haven't indulged yet.

libby: Totally jealous of your smoothie! Grats on the scale number, woohoo!

Mern: Hey lady! Well we JUST got married about two weeks ago, so you're not too far out of the loop. This semester I'm teaching Psych 101, Sensation & Perception, Research in Neuroscience. I also have 5 seniors doing thier "capstone" year-long research projects with me, and I need to figure out what I'm going to be doing with them, haha! I'm not sure I'm as wise as you but I'll take the compliments!!! Thank you for the compliments on that picture! I'll post some more below so you can get a better sense of the dress etc.

Hope: Lol, nothing is WRONG with wavy hair, I'm just a lazy girl and don't like the extra care I have to give it when wavy!!! I'll get used to it eventually, and when it's behaving it does look nice! Looks like you had a good Monday, good job!

For my coloring scheme below -

Green = met goal (not necessarily happy with the numbers, especially with the calorie counts, haha, but goal is met!)
Red = missed goal
Blue = goal in progress or not applicable on a certain day

1) Log every damn thing I put into my mouth and post daily, good, bad, or ugly. M: 1,968
2) Drink 64 oz, of water a day, no excuse, alcohol does not count M: Maybe 16? Yikes
3) Weigh in on Friday with new scale M-Th: N/A
4) Stop the mindless snacking M: Snacked mindlessly with lunch. All other snacks were planned snacks

I want to add in exercise goals, but I know it's not going to happen this week until I catch up with the semester. Any exercise I do is just going to have to be a bonus, I don't want to set up for failure.

I have a few life goals too:

1) Stick with the new hair regimen M: yes
2) Courses done and up online by Wednesday morning M: Got 3 of 4 done
3) Jobs spreadsheet Weds afternoon/Thursday; at least updated to current M: No progress
4) Post up some wedding pictures for you all! M: See below!!!

This shot is of me and my grandfather, who is very ill and couldn't make the wedding. We had a special sitting beforehand where I wore my dress so he could see it, and we got some pictures!

Pre-ceremony picture:

This is a detail shot of the dress that I really like (and me holding DH's ring right before I put it on his finger)

Old 08-27-2013, 02:27 AM
Super Moderator

Four image limit!!! Geez. More pictures!

A full-body shot of the dress so you can get a sense of how I was looking the day of! It fell very well in the shot. DH is hamming it up with the Rolls Royce we rented for the day.

This one's a keeper!

This one is, I think, my favorite "couple" picture - we were goofing around

We practiced our dancing/dip for awhile and we NAILED it. Please note that my dress had fallen out of it's bustle at the time on the dance floor, and I managed not to fall! Hooray!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.