Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
7 Day Motivational Thread Starting August 26 2013 - Luck is no excuse >

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting August 26 2013 - Luck is no excuse

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting August 26 2013 - Luck is no excuse

Old 08-26-2013, 03:23 AM
FitDay Member

My avatar is my new great-granddaughter, Camden Most of the time I've seen her when she was awake, she was either spending a lot of time sticking her tongue out or yawning. LOL

Thanks for the congrats from everyone.

Mike, my heart and my thoughts are with you in this troubled time.

I'll be back to catch up after I exercise.

Last edited by Mern; 08-26-2013 at 11:32 PM.
Old 08-26-2013, 05:03 AM
Super Moderator

Hi everyone...

I am embarrassed at how long it's been since I've been on. Life, mainly work, kicked my tail the better part of the summer. I. Am. Exhausted. Consequently, I haven't been doing a great job taking care of myself, or any kind of job on that, really...but this is one of the steps in my renewed promise to give myself at least a little time. You all are such a wonderful resource and I need to make time for you again. I'm so glad to see so many familiar faces, and looking forward to getting to know the new ones as well. Mern, I am glad to get back here just in time to see your beautiful granddaughter! Congratulations .

I will get back on later today or tonight and get a couple keep-it-simple-stupid goals down, but I was afraid if I didn't do this now, it would be another day-week-month going by that I didn't, and I can't afford that.
Old 08-26-2013, 05:10 AM
FitDay Member

It looks like bad weeks were epidemic last week. I'm sending everyone a virtual cooties shot to help keep this week better.

My own week went from the Wednesday/Thursday of no control over my food into the weekend of lack of control over my food. Today is better, but only by virtue of the fact that it is the first day of school and the professors are keeping me too busy to even grab one of the granola bars they are handing out to the students.

Goals:
Accurately record everything I consume
Keep calories between 1200-1400
Report in here every day
Walk at lunch 4 days
Use the yoga CD at least once.
Old 08-26-2013, 06:14 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome back Cassie!!!
Old 08-26-2013, 09:06 AM
Super Moderator

Ian: I like your goals. There's ice-cream in our freezer too, CURSES!

Robin: I need to add "post daily" to my goals, and I will!

Mern: MERN! Congratulations great-grandma!!!!! LOVELY to see you

RS: Hugs for your rough week Congrats on the -1 lb.!

Hope: Let's not even get started on the weekend, aye carumba. Monday never looked so good.

libby: congrats on your fantastic week!!!!

Mike: I'm here, I just had a crazy-busy Monday morning at work, although I finally just completed all my tasks for the day. Still need to get out and run some errands. I wouldn't back out on our deal!! <3

Cassie: CASSIE!!!!! So good to see you! I'm just back on the train too. Can't wait to catch up

Mel: I should add lunch-walking to my goals, but it's really weird to do it on campus, because all the boys are on the track, haha!!

OKAY SO.

The weekend was crazy. Who knew one got so busy AFTER a wedding? You know what it is, it's the crazy semester starting up and kicking my butt again, and since I got married, I didn't get ANY pre-gaming done. I am running around like a mad woman trying to get all my syllabi done, though I knocked out three today and just have one more to go. THEN I need to figure out the brand-spanking-new course management system and upload a poopton of things online, AND get my other (big) syllabus done. I also have a ton of errands to run today and a get-together at a colleague's house tonight. The freshmen are on campus and already hopelessly lost, and they LOOK SO YOUNG. I hit 30 and now everyone is a whippersnapper

Oh, and I'm also on the job market and need to get applications out in the next two weeks. *whimper*. LOL. I CAN DO IT, RIGHT?!

Since I am getting back on the gravy train this week (or maybe the don't-eat-the-gravy-stupid train?), I am keeping myself to four simple goals:

1) Log every damn thing I put into my mouth and post daily, good, bad, or ugly.
2) Drink 64 oz, of water a day, no excuse, alcohol does not count
3) Weigh in on Friday with new scale
4) Stop the mindless snacking

I want to add in exercise goals, but I know it's not going to happen this week until I catch up with the semester. Any exercise I do is just going to have to be a bonus, I don't want to set up for failure.

I have a few life goals too:

1) Stick with the new hair regimen
2) Courses done and up online by Wednesday morning
3) Jobs spreadsheet Weds afternoon/Thursday; at least updated to current
4) Post up some wedding pictures for you all!

Will try to post earlier tomorrow, since I do better posting in the morning.

~Terri
Old 08-26-2013, 09:51 AM
FitDay Member

GOALS
1. 6 servings each day--which would give me 42 for the week
I find weekends I don't usually eat as many veggies so to get to Sun with that many would be something!
YES
2. Exercise 4X for 30 min no
3. At least 6 glasses of water not yet but it will be
4. Stay within carb limit (if I eat more veggies it shouldn't be a problem) YES--well under
5. Lose 2lb

Was going to exercise today but the humidity is higher than I thought. It's just zapping my energy and have a headache.

Jenn
Old 08-26-2013, 09:59 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by taubele

Oh, and I'm also on the job market and need to get applications out in the next two weeks. *whimper*. LOL. I CAN DO IT, RIGHT?!

1) Stick with the new hair regimen

~Terri
you can do it. I know, you knew I was going to ask you about this goal, right?
Old 08-26-2013, 10:10 AM
FitDay Member

Mern: Yawning Camden is the cutest picture I have seen in a long time! You must be totally awed by interacting with her!

Mike: Hang in there.

I like the vegetable/fruit servings challenge and I have already been working on it inspired by Renewed Soul. The 10-12 servings of vegetables/fruit that I am already averaging are not a problem, though. The problem is the daily serving of red wine (think resveratrol and antioxidants for heart health), the serving of dark (healthy, right?) chocolate, the healthy handful of raw, unsalted nuts, the healthy Greek yogurt - all to the tune of 2,000+ calories of damn healthy stuff!

I guess I run just enough not to put on weight on this obscene number, but the number I see on the scale is not budging, either!

New week - new chance!

Best of luck to all of us!
Old 08-26-2013, 10:30 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
you can do it. I know, you knew I was going to ask you about this goal, right?
I thought someone might

My hair is naturally quite wavy; I've been blow-drying it straight for years just to not have to deal with the waves, because they require more care. However, as I've gotten older and particularly this last summer, the waves have started to assert themselves. Short of a chemical straighten, I just couldn't blow them out anymore.

So, the next best thing to do is embrace the waves/curls and try to care for them properly. So I now have very wavy hair; I've been on a new regimen for a week and a half that involves washing/detangling my hair in a particular wavy and using some products. I'm honestly still figuring it all out, but my hair looks suuuuper different to me!
Old 08-26-2013, 10:39 AM
FitDay Member

Goals:
1. Drink lots of water: M-Ok
2. 7 hours of exercise: M-70 minutes walk/run
3. 50 servings fruit and veg: M-11
4. Post daily: M-Y

Toxic schedules, guys, that's what we've been struggling with. Cassie, welcome back, you perhaps have something to say about toxic schedules? And Teri? And Mern? Mel-mc? Others?

Kocia: I don't know how you could ever go over, with all those servings. 11 today and I am stuffed! Good thing you are running I guess.

Congrats to those who stayed the course last week, it paid off, right Libby?

Jen, despite your headache and no exercise you did very well with your goals.

Mike I guess you will have to fill us in on how those cloaked goals go! I think we can handle knowing what they are though, can't be THAT bad. Hey, you are here

Last edited by Robingen; 08-26-2013 at 11:24 AM. Reason: fix exercise

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.