Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
7 Day Motivational Thread Starting August 26 2013 - Luck is no excuse >

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting August 26 2013 - Luck is no excuse

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting August 26 2013 - Luck is no excuse

Old 08-29-2013, 03:52 AM
FitDay Member

I'm getting bored with egg substitute and veggies or something with flaxmeal plus veggies or fruit for breakfast so this morning had nuked, boneless, skinless chicken breast and cole slaw with low carb ranch dressing. I EARNED a day off exercise today by exercising Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. Then if I exercise Friday and Saturday I get Sunday off. My doc didn't have to twist MY arm to get me to exercise only 5 days a week for 1/2 an hour each day. LOL

Where is Quinn again. Did I miss the reason for her absence?

Kocial, wonderful tally on the f & v!

RenewedSoul, kudos on all your hard work this week and on keeping a positive attitude. Thanks for your compliments on my great granddaughter and on your encouragement of my healthful eating lifestyle.

Terri, thanks for your encouragement on my restart and on my returning to (dreaded) exercise. You certainly did look blissfully happy in your wedding pcs. Michael is really handsome--even without the hat. Your grandfather is so lucky to have you. What great love in your family! Wow, amazing that he was still biking at 85. I wish him peace and comfort. Also wishing you a wonderful and exciting year teaching the Research in Neuroscience. My granddaughter (Camden's mother) took Sensation and Perception last year. She was majoring in psychology but is taking a year off because of breastfeeding plus having to work full time. She's not sure if she is going to keep psychology as a major or switch to something else next year. Her husband attends college full time but only works part time. He graduated 9th in their high school class of 365 and is majoring in engineering.

Jenn, your continued exercise and healthful eating (you are right--it's the MAIN THING) will get your scale moving again. Be sure to drink up today! Kudos on your better blood sugar readings! Don't touch your Mom's doughnuts and corn! Yikes! I confess I'm actually jealous that some people can eat those things and be healthy.

Libby, well done Wednesday, even with the cashews! If you see this know that you are in my thoughts and prayers as you recover from today's surgery.

Donna! Welcome back! Thanks for your congrats on my new great grandbaby. Hope to catch you here this weekend.

Robin, great job yesterday. My mouth was watering reading about your yummy frozen yogurt. So exciting when one of our pals reaches goal! Congrats to ya! I think I've posted to you before that I was pre-diabetic and brought my blood sugar down to normal through diet alone, no meds. No matter the source of my carbs, nor how few calories I eat, my blood sugar and weight go up if I consume over 25g net carbs per day (total carbs less deducting fiber which is a carb that does not impact blood sugar.) But a note of interest to you might be that a nurse told me that one can get the same nutrition benefits in veggies as one can in fruit and my doc is just fine with my fruit restricted to berries (except grapes) and melon (except watermelon). My regular family physician is pro low carb for those who are willing to and are able to regulate blood sugar without meds. I am fortunate to be one who can do it without meds at this point.

Mel-Mc sorry your day didn't go so well yesterday, but great job counting all your successes! I couldn't help but chuckle over your mention of your "evil shoulder princess." I'd also like to see some good tricks to get oneself out of that mode. For me it takes a fright reaction to the scale or an upcoming doctor appointment or family event--but those don't happen often enough for me to be getting even close to healthful weight. Reporting here daily surely is a good motivator, though.

Hope, my heart and prayers are with you. Be advised that you will be greatly missed and I hope you can return renewed and refreshed very soon. I'll have to try zucchini with pesto. I've never had pesto. I had a good wrap yesterday of scrambled eggs with cooked broccoli and chicken breast on a tomato basil low carb tortilla. For a bit of sauce I used Prego Savory Bacon Alfredo.

Ian, did you get in your exercise? I hope all went well at the supermarket.

Nyda, I'm glad you're feeling better. Packing up after a garage sale is not as fun as setting it up. Glad you got some help from your sister. Sorry about your fall and hurting your back. Just be sure to not overdo your exercise. I HAVE found when my back is hurting that gentle stretching is quite soothing. When do you go back to the doctor next? Be sure to bring up that the antidepressant you are taking is not working quite well enough--maybe there's something else you can do or more tests that can be done to find a better course of treatment for you. Big gentle cyberhug to ya! Remember to give yourself credit for each daily goal you make and for good efforts even if you came up a little short.

Mike, I'll watch for the "still full-toothed RAK" after you see him again. LOL Kudos on the Wednesday workout!

Last edited by Mern; 08-29-2013 at 03:59 AM.
Old 08-29-2013, 04:20 AM
Super Moderator

Koc and Ian: If you need a chemist for this no-calorie alcohol thing, I know a few who would probably be on board!

libby: I hope your surgery goes well, smoothly and safely. I will keep you in my thoughts!

Hope: Thanks lady! Haha, I actually started the "wavy hair" thing after my wedding (I'm on week 2-ish of it now) so that was when I was still blow-drying it out -- and they did so much stuff to my hair that day that the look was not at all natural, haha! Thanks - DH is extremely charming and kind of a ham, haha. I hope that whatever you're going through ends in the best possible way, Hope. Will keep you in my thoughts! We're here if you need us!

Mel: My only trick for those days where I'm hurt or forced to sit for long periods of time is to do something with my hands (I sew) and force myself to chug water all day - whenever I want to reach for a snack, reach for the water instead and give myself 10 minutes. If I'm still hungry, I let myself eat. I'm a terrible mindless snacker, though, so it's still a struggle!

jj: Love to hear it about the low blood sugar!!!! When I get to the point where I can add specific food goals I'll definitely do fruits and veggies, I think!

Robin: I think it's certain fruits that are no-nos for the blood sugar, like grapes and bananas. Others are just fine - my father is a Type 2 diabetic and follows the glycemic index for that. Also HOLY CRAP YOU HIT GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS! Hard work pays off!!!

Mike: How are you doing this week? I see your goals but am thinking of you and sending you hugs.

Mern: Oh thanks! I think Michael is handsome too, though he thinks he is not. He just doesn't see himself well! Sounds like YOU have a lot to be proud of with your family - it's hard schooling and mothering, and I wish the best for your Camden in whatever she decides - and WOW to her hubby, Engineering is not something I could do!!! And you know, sometimes I do dinner for breakfast and stuff like that too. You need to mix it up. I hope it was delcious, and you totally EARNED your day today!

For my coloring scheme below -

Green = met goal (not necessarily happy with the numbers, especially with the calorie counts, haha, but goal is met!)
Red = missed goal
Blue = goal in progress or not applicable on a certain day

1) Log every damn thing I put into my mouth and post daily, good, bad, or ugly. M: 1,968 T: 1,338 W: 1,560
2) Drink 64 oz, of water a day, no excuse, alcohol does not count M: Maybe 16? Yikes T: yes, about 80 W: yes, 72
3) Weigh in on Friday with new scale M-Th: N/A
4) Stop the mindless snacking M: Snacked mindlessly with lunch. All other snacks were planned snacks T: Nothing unplanned W: Stupid crackers!!! I kept it to a 140 calorie binge though, once I realized where my hand was.

I want to add in exercise goals, but I know it's not going to happen this week until I catch up with the semester. Any exercise I do is just going to have to be a bonus, I don't want to set up for failure.

T: Managed to get in 40 minutes strength training (Turbo Sculpt)

I have a few life goals too:

1) Stick with the new hair regimen M: yes T: yes, and tried new product W: yes, though dealing with frizzies
2) Courses done and up online by Wednesday morning M: Got 3 of 4 done T: 4th syllabus done; not online yet. W: didn't happen - I got two up
3) Jobs spreadsheet Weds afternoon/Thursday; at least updated to current M: No progress T: no progress W: no progress - this won't happen
4) Post up some wedding pictures for you all! M: DONE T-Sun: N/A
Old 08-29-2013, 04:41 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Robingen
That never occurred to me. In fact I thought your fruit would be restricted as some people talk about the sugar and carbs in fruit. I've always wondered if it was true that eating a lot of fruit would be harmful due to the sugar content. Possibly if one ate just fruit and no veg? DK just speculating. Because I am not watching my sugar I assumed that all produce would be healthy.

I am down to 159.5 this am. I am blown away by this. I think it's the f and v I am eating, thanks guys for the motivation. I have been gearing towards maintenance the past few weeks anyway but now I am there. Fitday has been so impt to this journey and especially this thread (Hello Hope that means you too, thanks for starting me here last Xmas).
Robin I am so proud of you and so happy for you!!!!!
Old 08-29-2013, 04:50 AM
FitDay Member

Goals:
1) healthy eating with one cheat day or meals instead of seven: yes I did well Tuesday just overate, Wednesday we will call my cheat day
2) walk or gym 3x this week (gentle) - I really wanted to go to the gym waited for DH and didn't go MY BAD T: MELT, W: no
3) stretch daily -yes, yes no
4) writing a priority -yes tried, no
5) meditation -yes, yes no
6) stay off internet while working- turned it off, booyah T half day until DD needed me, W not around much
7) study Spanish -si, si no8)
stay positive -yes, yes no
9) lose 2+ pounds of "indulgence" weight - already lost one gained it back
10) I'm in for 35 servings of fruit and veg - 6,5, 3

You guys are so supportive I am gonna try to stay here.
Old 08-29-2013, 07:14 AM
FitDay Member

Good morning all. The plumber found out what our problem is. All the cold water stops are pluged. He has to get us a bid and then will arange time to come get it done. The fausits(SP) he worked on in the bathrooms are working great. I am doing okay today on the goal thing. I am going to eat and rest a bit then do my exericises.
Robin way to go on reaching goal. I am still a long long way off abut I am getting there.
Mern Your jealous of doughnut eaters- I am jealous of chocolate eaters. My back is okay this morning. Just a little bit sore. My left knee not so good. I have tripped twice this summer and lander on my knee on concret. The antidepressant I am taking is cheap only $4 per month. I cannot afford any thin else. I still have more good days then bad so it does help, especially with the water works.
Will post more later. Hope everyone has a good day. Nyda
Old 08-29-2013, 10:18 AM
FitDay Member

Hope, I'm glad you are going to try to stay around--we may at least be a diversion from your troubles while not invading your privacy. Even just logging your food and posting "I'm still here" will go a long way in helping you not stray far from your healthful lifestyle and we'll be here with big cyberhugs for you.

Terri, wow, Michael needs to have his eyes checked or to clean his mirror or something! Just kidding--we'll just add to his list of good qualities that he's not conceited over his good looks. But as we older gals say (while swooning) "Hubba, Hubba!" My granddaughter will be a great mother to baby Camden, I'm sure. I am totally confident she'll succeed in whatever major she settles on while mothering and working full time. Thanks for your compliments about GD's DH, but I may also add we all know you have to to be exctremely gifted and giving to be a college prof! My dinner/lunch for breakfast was enjoyable, thanks. Tomorrow's breakfast may be baked cod on a low carb tortilla and some veggies. You had a really good day yesterday on your healthful lifestyle--oops, sorry 'bout your run-in with the crackers. That's happened to me with pork rinds when I didn't realize I had eaten so many. Don't know if I missed it or just forgot, but kudos on your strength training Tuesday.

Nyda, best wishes on your plumbing situation. We're currently having a bathroom wall replaced and a new bathtub put in our daughter's house. The contractor found today, and we saw for ourselves, a pipe under the floor that is so corroded that it is about to burst. We're counting it as a money saving/and further damage saving blessing that it was discovered while this renovation work was being done. Did you get your exercise in? So sorry your knee is hurting and that your back is still a little sore. Wondering how you felt after your exercise. I'm glad your medication is only $4 per month but understand it can still be a financial burden considering other expenses. I am a real chocoholic--love dark chocolate. I allow myself daily a tablespoon of unsweetened cocoa powder that I enjoy in my protein shakes, or add to my yogurt or even sprinkle it atop peanut butter that I spread on a low carb tortilla. Sometimes I eat half an ounce of unsweetened baking chocolate that comes in a bar and you melt to add it to baked goods batters. The chocolate is good for you if you eat it sugar free. I also buy at the store for an occasional treat (I overcame my addiction to it) Sugar Free Hershey's Special Dark Chocolate miniatures.
Old 08-29-2013, 10:25 AM
FitDay Member

Not a good day food wise. We had a workman in and he was finishing up at lunchtime so I just had something quick in the microwave.
I did get a half hour walk in!

I have to drink lots of water tomorrow--emphasis on the have to!! I have bloodwork on Sat and since I have deep veins the only thing that helps is drinking lots of water!

Jenn
Old 08-29-2013, 10:33 AM
FitDay Member

Jenn, kudos on your walk. I have to plump up my veins for bloodwork, too, even when I consistently drink 64 oz. per day. But I do have large veins on top of my hands and it doesn't bother me if they resort to taking blood from there. Wishing you really good results.
Old 08-29-2013, 11:24 AM
FitDay Member

Goals:
1. Drink lots of water: M-Ok, T-N, W-Y, Th-Ok
2. 7 hours of exercise: M-70 minutes walk/run, T- 40 mins swim, 60 mins yoga class, W-30 mins walk, 60 mins yoga class, Th-30 mins swim
3. 50 servings fruit and veg: M-11, T-10, W-10, Th-11
4. Post daily: M-Y, T-Y, W-Y, Th-y

The week is going very well for me. My schedule is not as "toxic" as normally as I am gradually getting a grip on this. This means self care is happening. Thanks for all the congrats guys on reaching my goal. It's nice to be congratulated but I am also hoping to motivate.
Old 08-29-2013, 12:54 PM
FitDay Member

Mern

I am told that in some parts of the world the large meal is the first meal of the day. I know someone who practices "supper for breakfast" and she swears by it.

This week I had green smoothies everyday and I have been finding it kinda boring but I get 4 servings of f and v for breakfast so it works out. I won't do it long term though.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.