FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Motivation and Support (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/motivation-support/)
-   -   Motivational starting 8/19/13; OK let's get this party started (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/motivation-support/10023-motivational-starting-8-19-13%3B-ok-lets-get-party-started.html)

canary52 08-19-2013 12:58 AM

Motivational starting 8/19/13; OK let's get this party started

Hi All, It' me, I'm back (at least for now lol)

Goals:
1) stretch
2) meditate
3) write
4) practice Spanish
5) maintain positive attitude and stop being so grumbly and mean
6) go to gym, now that I rejoined TODAY, yeah
7) stop the crazy out of control rebellion eating (I was on a very strict "health plan")

y tu?

jjrudd 08-19-2013 01:23 AM

Welcome back Hope!!

I want to lose some weight before my next Dr appointment and my family gathering in Oct. I figure if I lose 1lb a week that would be 8lbs in 2 months.

GOALS
1. Keep to carb limit!
2. 4 servings of fruits and veggies
3. 6 glasses of water (at least)
4. Exercise 4X (this should be easy this week as I have to cut grass and do yardwork!)

Personal goals
1. Work on cleaning out another room in house
2. "My personal worth is not measured by what other people think" (still struggling with this one)

Jenn

Kocialapcia 08-19-2013 02:07 AM

Originally Posted by canary52 (Post 101865)
5) maintain positive attitude and stop being so grumbly and mean

That is scary! I would never attempt not to be grumbly and mean. My whole identity, and the whole way I relate to the world depend on those traits. Stripped of those - who would I be?!

:p

RenewedSoul 08-19-2013 02:15 AM

Hi all. Happy Monday! I had a good week last week. I dropped 6 pounds :eek: and really don't know how it keeps coming off so fast, but I am not going to complain. I eat anywhere from 800 to 1,100 calories a day and only drink water. I walk and do some exercises. I only eat fruits, vegetables, and beans. This is really working for me, and I am getting excited. I plan to keep this a life long pattern, not as a diet. I am going to start working on building muscle/tone soon. Good luck to all of you this week. :)

Week goals:

1. Log everything I eat
2. Walk daily
3. Breathing exercises
4. Daily sit-ups
5. Strength training on arms/small weights
6. Lose 2 pounds

Mel-Mc 08-19-2013 02:24 AM

Wow RenewedSoul, major congrats on the 6lb lost! I'm happyish being 1lb down.

Goals:
1. Log everything I eat
2. Stay between 1200-1400 calories per day
3. Exercise at lunch two days this week

Challenge of the week: Find a way to stay on track during the two workshop days this week. Food and exercise will be out of my control Wednesday and Thursday. Find what control I can in the situation.

canary52 08-19-2013 04:29 AM

Originally Posted by Kocialapcia (Post 101869)
That is scary! I would never attempt not to be grumbly and mean. My whole identity, and the whole way I relate to the world depend on those traits. Stripped of those - who would I be?!

:p

Frankly, I love this.

RenewedSoul 08-19-2013 04:45 AM

Mel-Mc: I am happy but just surprised. I know it will start slowing down eventually. Good job on the 1 pound loss!

Kocialapcia: You are too funny! Does that mean you're grumbly? :p The word grumbly reminds me of Winnie the Pooh stories and grumpy Eeyore. lol

jjrudd 08-19-2013 06:17 AM

I won't have any trouble getting up to 6 glasses today since cutting the grass makes me thirsty! Half an hour of exercise and the start of a clean yard. Still have a small section left to cut. Going to be warmer on Wed and rain Thurs so I have to make sure I finish tomorrow.

Jenn

canary52 08-19-2013 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by jjrudd (Post 101866)
Welcome back Hope!!

I want to lose some weight before my next Dr appointment and my family gathering in Oct. I figure if I lose 1lb a week that would be 8lbs in 2 months.

Jenn

Hi Jenn,

I want to lose 8 or so pound in 3 months. Maybe we'll motivate each other. Good job cutting grass! And drinking that water. You are my heroine.

I added more goals.

Mike? Mern? Where are you?

RenewedSoul you are kicking butt and taking names.

Mel-mc I would be happy with one pound lost instead of the two I gained.

adyndravo1 08-19-2013 10:05 AM

Hi all. I also lost 6.5 lbs.:eek: I am surprised. I had to weigh twice to be sure ite was aright. I have now lost 15 lbs since the first of the year. My goals worked for last week so I am going to keep them the same. this week I am aiming to just keep the scale where it is. If I should loose more I will be more then happy. Nyda

My goals
drink 8 cups of water a day min.
Exercise 4 times a week.
Log everything I eat