Motivational starting 8/19/13; OK let's get this party started

Notices

Motivational starting 8/19/13; OK let's get this party started

Old 08-21-2013, 03:38 PM
FitDay Member

calories: M-938 T-922 W-998
water: Y, Y, Y,
exercise: N, Y, Y,

I wasn't feeling well today but I did manage to go for a short walk.
Old 08-21-2013, 09:26 PM
FitDay Member

Robin - Congratz on being so close to your goal and that people are noticing.

Valkyrie - Not eating anything fried or any beer is really tough especially when eating out, now you just need to keep it up.

Mel - There's nothing worse than when you can't choose what you eat.

I've been so busy this week I almost didn't even have time to eat

Goals:

1. Under 2k calories per day
M-874, T-1138, W-1539
2. Exercise 3 times
W
Old 08-21-2013, 11:54 PM
FitDay Member

Goals:
1) stretch - yes, yes, yes
2) meditate -yes no, no
3) write - yes but not enough no, no
4) practice Spanish - no, aye no, no pero hoya
5) maintain positive attitude and stop being so grumbly and mean - um (I yelled at people in a doctor's office for keeping me on hold on the phone for an unreasonable amount of time - I said lucky this wasn't serious or I would have died by now. DH asked, "You actually said that?" Yes I actually said that. Also I bullied gym personnel into not charging me a $20 "activation fee" to rejoin. An activation fee? Seriously? for a key they could barely activate at first - activating it was pushing a button BTW. I'm chill now tho. JUST DON'T PISS ME OFF!!!! And pick up the %#!* phone and gimme my key!! T: OK so eye doctor making me wait 45 minutes for my eye apppointment which he triple booked and then dilating my eyes and making me wait another 20 minutes; IS IT ANY WONDER I AM GROUHY?... but then I wnt to a MELT class and chilled right out and I did overpay the kid who took me to and for my eye appoinment so there's that. I am not a TOTAL Grinch Wednesday: I was nice even when I had to wait 1/2 hour for a doctor
6) go to gym, now that I rejoined TODAY, yeah - YES, MELT class needed a rest day and hardly rested, shopped in 3 places7) stop the crazy out of control rebellion eating (I was on a very strict "health plan") I did resist getting a burger and fries and Chinese food I am eating everything THIS MUST STOP; I ate fast food for the first time in a looooooong time. I was on such a strict eating plan I just rebelled; now I am up almost 5 pounds since last Friday; time to get serious
Old 08-22-2013, 12:49 AM
FitDay Member

If I have one bad day of eating it can set me back a couple weeks. It is ridiculous how fast our best efforts can be undone. I have made no progress so far in August but I am hopeful that I can get to 173 by the end of the month if I stay on track. We can do it.
Old 08-22-2013, 12:51 AM
FitDay Premium Member

This week I'm busy with work appointments and kids in many practices for football, cheerleader, band, and marching band. I also am on my last two courses to obtain my master's degree at night. My husband is away for 1 week for a business trip, so he missed the first day of school yesterday. I can't wait until he's home to help get all the kids up for school and practices, so I can get to work in one piece.

Ian: Sounds like you are really busy! Just think of all the calories you are burning being extra busy.

Canary52: Fast food can be a big temptation. Maybe the five pounds that are showing up to the scale are partly water weight from the sodium content? Good luck conquering the temptations.

Jjrudd: Sometimes the scale will go up 1 pound just from the body adjusting and water weight. I know I do not weigh a certain couple of days during the month.

Libby: I have to keep the calories really low too or I will not lose weight. Hope you are feeling better!

Mel-Mc: Conferences are difficult when meals are fixed for you. I have to attend some a few times a year. Not only are most of the meals prepared and served to you, there are no other options. It is difficult. Good luck!

Week goals:

1. Log everything I eat: Yes, Yes, Yes
2. Walk daily: Yes, Yes, No
3. Breathing exercises: No, Yes, No
4. Daily sit-ups: Yes, Yes, Yes
5. Strength training on arms/small weights: Yes, No, No
6. Lose 2 pounds: pending
Old 08-22-2013, 01:43 AM
FitDay Member

Hope, I'm with Renewed Soul. I find if I eat too much processed food I gain weight from the sodium content. You can do it, we are all here to support you.
Old 08-22-2013, 05:52 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by RenewedSoul
This week I'm busy with work appointments and kids in many practices for football, cheerleader, band, and marching band. I also am on my last two courses to obtain my master's degree at night. My husband is away for 1 week for a business trip, so he missed the first day of school yesterday. I can't wait until he's home to help get all the kids up for school and practices, so I can get to work in one piece.

Canary52: Fast food can be a big temptation. Maybe the five pounds that are showing up to the scale are partly water weight from the sodium content? Good luck conquering the temptations.
Originally Posted by jjrudd
Hope, I'm with Renewed Soul. I find if I eat too much processed food I gain weight from the sodium content. You can do it, we are all here to support you.
Thank you, guys. I am logging again, which hopefully will help. It was just a rebellion from an overly strict eating plan that wasn't working for me. I appreciate your support!

RS, you are really busy but doing great on your goals!

JJR,we're gonna get rid of those extra lbs and not stress out about `em. We got this.
Old 08-22-2013, 06:24 AM
Super Moderator

libby: You're still an inspiration, metabolism or not! One foot in front of the other is the only way to be. Every great journey starts with a single step, right?

valkyrie: Food addiction is real, haha! Whatever steps work for you. If I only know one thing, it's that everyone's goals and what works for them is always a little different. You guys are doing awesome!

Mel: Your body and my body sound similar I never notice that it follows any pattern daily or weekly when I'm eating - I'll be up after a very good day and down after a day where I caved and had chinese. So weird. It's only in the long term that the trends really come out!

ian: Oh boy, I know those busy days. Your goals sound good!!!!

RS and Hope: I'm the same way with sodium. I too often fall a victim to the pre-processed frozen lunch because it's easy and the calories are rigid-ish, but the sodium always outdoes me. You'll get rid of that water weight quickly though, Hope! You can do it!!! RS, your goals overall look great!!

1) Check in here daily! <3 W: Yes Th: Yes
2) Weigh myself on Friday and record the number, good, bad, or ugly.

Thing to be proud of today: I had a morning workshop where they served breakfast and lunch. Breakfast was a choice between fruit salad and a delicious-looking cinnabon thing that was warm and gooey. I got the fruit! Hooray fruit!

Lunch was okay; I had a choice between salad and pasta salad. The salad itself had olives and a bunch of toppings I hated, so I opted for the pasta salad, but only a very small amount (my guess is 2 tbsp?). Had a small chicken salad sandwich (slider-sized), another big helping of fruit, and half of a cookie. All in all I was pretty proud of myself.
Old 08-22-2013, 06:26 AM
FitDay Member

Just wanted to tell you all that I belong to an open group for Type 2 diabetics on fb. One woman is having trouble with motivation so I told her about this group.
Which reminds me...off to drink my water!!

Jennifer
Old 08-22-2013, 06:52 AM
FitDay Member

Hello all. I didnoto get a chance to log in the thread yesterday. I did log my food. So far so good. I was denied again for disablity. I may look okay and sound okay most of the time. But I have headaches every day that can get ugly if I spend to much time on the computer or in front of the tv. I did not exercise yesterday because asger 2 round of walk away the pound 1 mile my hips and knees were saying " how could you do this to us 2 days in a row." Anyway I had to call a plummer. We have no cold water pressure.Looks like may not require a complete replumming. Amen!
As far asmy goals this week:
My goals
drink 8 cups of water a day min.m=y,t=y,w=y
Exercise 4 times a week.m=y,t=y,w=n
Log everything I eat m=y ,t=y,w=y,

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.