Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Motivational starting 8/19/13; OK let's get this party started >

Motivational starting 8/19/13; OK let's get this party started

Community
Notices

Motivational starting 8/19/13; OK let's get this party started

Old 08-19-2013, 10:48 AM
FitDay Member

My weight is up to 176 lbs. August is turning out to be a very tough month.
Most days my calorie count is between 700 - 1,000 and I drink my 8 glasses of water, two glasses with each meal and two more in the evening. Exercise has been hit and miss and now my treadmill is broken. Tomorrow I see my doctor for my 3 month blood work check up. He was pleased with my results in May and I have lost some weight since then.

RS: Please tell us more about what you are doing. Your success is fantastic.
Old 08-19-2013, 12:32 PM
FitDay Member

Evening ladies and gentelmen. I have finish up my food log for the day and now am going to go cross stich for a while. My goals for this week are
My goals
drink 8 cups of water a day min.n
Exercise 4 times a week.y
Log everything I eat y
hope everyone is haveing a good day. Nyda
Old 08-19-2013, 01:01 PM
FitDay Member

Had a pretty good day. The goals were pretty much met, although I went 80 calories over my upper calorie goal. I'm happy with the effort as I've dropped the goal by 200 calories from what I had been targeting.

Goals:
1. Log everything I eat: M=Y
2. Stay between 1200-1400 calories per day: M-1480
3. Exercise at lunch two days this week: 1 done

Congrats to everyone on their big losses from last week.
Old 08-19-2013, 04:47 PM
FitDay Member

I'm going to be really busy this week so I'll keep it simple.

Goals:

1. Under 2k calories per day
2. Exercise 3 times
Old 08-19-2013, 09:59 PM
FitDay Member

I like that Ian, simple goals for a busy week. I have another busy week also and I did not start out logging?!

No weight loss for me in the past week. A guy I haven't seen for a couple months asked me yesterday if I am sick. It felt good to laugh and tell him that I lost the weight on purpose. It does make me think that the goal of 160 is right for me and that I shouldn't go any lower. At this point I am STILL 2 pounds from goal.

Ian I too am setting simple goals this week:

1. No take out
2. Exercise x2.

Next week will be lighter and maybe I will try harder to get those 2 pounds off.
Old 08-19-2013, 11:13 PM
FitDay Member

Robin: Your body is telling you that 162 is perfect for you and it is a weight that you can maintain. You have reached your goal. Congratulations.

Last edited by libby116; 08-19-2013 at 11:21 PM.
Old 08-20-2013, 12:41 AM
FitDay Member

In the week of simple goals I will strive to do more of what our Resident Inspirator Renewed Soul is doing: eat mostly vegetables, fruit and beans.
Mostly is the operative word - wheat berries, a handful of nuts and a slice or two of my husband's killer home-baked whole rye bread are still allowed, along with (drum roll) ONE glass of wine only on Saturday and Sunday.
Old 08-20-2013, 01:38 AM
FitDay Member

GOALS
1. Keep to carb limit! a little over
2. 4 servings of fruits and veggies yes
3. 6 glasses of water (at least) 8
4. Exercise 4X (this should be easy this week as I have to cut grass and do yardwork!)
30 mins cutting grass

Personal goals
1. Work on cleaning out another room in house
while I want to work on going thru boxes I looked in fridge this morning and it needs cleaning out so on to tackling that today.2. "My personal worth is not measured by what other people think" (still struggling with this one)
Old 08-20-2013, 03:43 AM
Super Moderator

Hi there ladies and gentlemen

I'm not sure if anyone remembers me at all, I've been AWOL for a very long time. Life just got extremely crazy for me in the past year (crazy GOOD, but crazy) and it's still crazy, but I've found myself thinking of you guys a lot, and I think I'm preparing to come back and join once my semester starts.

I have a tendency to be really rambly, so I will try to keep this brief.

Hi! I'm Terri!

I just turned 30 this summer, July 15th (and thanks to Mern for the lovely PM - I was flattered to be thought of and remembered )

I started out on Fitday in January of 2011 weighing about 215 lbs, at 5'4.5"
At my lowest, I was in the 150s. That was in 2012. Fitday got me there!

I'm fairly certain I've gained back 15-20 lbs. with moving and other life stuff, but I am very very happy that I've kept most of it off for all this time. I haven't been logging food or exercise, but I have made a lot of permanent food changes in my life (the exercise has been harder, but I try).

I am a college professor in Neuroscience, I got my Ph.D. in 2010. I'm currently on a 2-year stint at a college in Indiana and back on the job market this fall, hoping to find a tenure-track position somewhere to call home

And also very importantly, I JUST GOT MARRIED! Wahoo! On August 11th, myself and my long-time BF Michael tied the knot. I couldn't be happier, and I was ALSO happy with being able to fit into the lovely dress in a non "big-girl" size. Don't have the professional pictures back yet, but here's a great one that a friend snapped:

Anyway, I am a busy girl - semester is starting, getting used to married life, on the job market, etc. Why not just add in some fitness goals to the mix, right?

I may be back later today or later this week with some jump-in goals once I get my head wrapped around how I want to get back in.

So happy this group is still around! <3 looking forward to getting to know new members and catching up with old!

~Terri
Old 08-20-2013, 04:02 AM
FitDay Member

Terri!!!! Of course I remember you!!!!! Welocme back!!! And congratulations!!!!!! Wow!!! You look gorgoues in your wedding pix. So gla dfor you. And so glad you're here.

And isn';t Mern amazing? She keeps track of it all, has a genius for keeping in touch. She's really a special, loving supportive person. Mern your ears must be burning!!! Where are ya?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.