Notices

Take-out "chicken"; how is it made.

Old 09-30-2013, 06:40 AM
FitDay Member

Default Take-out "chicken"; how is it made.

I have, in the past, ordered such dishes as "Chicken with mixed vegetable" from Chinese take-outs in St Petersburg, Florida.

The chicken pieces look like leaves: that is they have an irregular shape, thin -about 1/8" thick, white, and a texture somewhat rubbery. I have not seen chicken of this texture in any other dish. It is not fibrous, nor is is stringy. It does not fall apart as one eats it; rather it is chewy but not at tall tough.

How is such chicken made?
Old 09-30-2013, 03:16 PM
Super Moderator

Maybe it's over processed or maybe it's not chicken? You heard about the place in Kentucky that serves roadkill right?
Old 10-01-2013, 05:15 AM
FitDay Member

Default Cannot do a comparison test.

Originally Posted by vabeachgirlNYC
Maybe it's over processed or maybe it's not chicken? You heard about the place in Kentucky that serves roadkill right?
Very entertaining, Ms Moderator. Your suggestion does not help solve the mystery, because I have never eaten - to my knowledge - roadkill and cannot compare. I am not willing to try some roadkill to do a study, even if the Pentagon is willing to fund it.

If you can compare, you are welcome to do your own comparison test.