Baked Chicken Strips with Almond and Parmesan Coating >

Baked Chicken Strips with Almond and Parmesan Coating

Notices

Baked Chicken Strips with Almond and Parmesan Coating

Old 03-11-2014, 05:21 AM
FitDay Member

Default Baked Chicken Strips with Almond and Parmesan Coating

Baked Chicken Strips With Almond and Parmesan Coating

I made these for my husband and he LOVED them.
It looks complicated, but I assure you it's not.
Maybe 1/4 of the breading fell off as the recipe creator said it would, but it was still delicious.

I adapted this recipe from the one for Baked Chicken Strips with Mustard, Almond, and Parmesan posted on KalynsKitchen.com

Makes 3-4 servings

The chicken:
2 very large boneless, skinless chicken breasts

Marinade Ingredients:
2 T mayo (low fat is ok, but don't use fat free)
2 T Dijon mustard (or use any mustard that appeals to you)
1 T balsamic vinegar OR slightly less than 1 T regular white vinegar
1 T water
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. poultry seasoning

Coating Ingredients:
2 T Parmesan cheese
About 1 cup almond flour/meal or 1 1/4 cups whole almonds finely ground in food processor
1/4 tsp. poultry seasoning (yes, it's both in the marinade and coating)
salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste (I didn't use much salt)

Also needed:
non-stick cooking spray
beaten egg or egg substitute (equivalent of one egg)

Instructions:

To marinate:

1. Trim any visible fat or tendons from chicken, then cut each piece into crosswise strips about 1 inch wide.

2. Whisk together mayo, Dijon, white balsamic vinegar, water, garlic powder, and poultry seasoning.

3. Place chicken strips and marinade in plastic bag or small, covered glass bowl, and marinate in refrigerator for 3-4 hours or as long as all day. (Mern marinated them for just 3 hours and it was yummy.)

When ready to cook, let marinated chicken come to room temperature while you preheat oven to 450F/230C.

To Bake:

1. If using whole almonds, use a food processor to finely grind them. Add the Parmesan, poultry seasoning, salt, and pepper, and put coating in large flat bowl or pie pan.

2. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil to save cleanup, and spray well with non-stick spray.

3. Dredge each chicken piece beaten egg, then into seasoned almond coating, turning to coat both sides, and pressing down slightly to help the coating stick as well as possible.

4. Bake without turning for 12-15 minutes, or until top side is nicely browned and underneath is starting to brown. Carefully use metal turner and go under each piece of chicken to be sure it's not stuck to the pan, then carefully turn each piece. Some of the coating will fall off and possibly get too browned in the pan, but you can just expect that and ignore it. Bake about 10 more minutes or until chicken is well browned and cooked through.

Total cooking time will be 20-25 minutes, depending on your pan. Serve hot.
(Note--in Mern's oven, which is fast, they took only 17-20 minutes.)

Mern finds them delicious as a cold snack, too. If you're reheating this in the microwave, be very careful not to overcook or it will get very dry.
Old 03-11-2014, 06:48 AM
FitDay Member

This sounds delicious!
Old 03-11-2014, 10:13 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks--and it really IS easy to make.
Old 03-12-2014, 06:14 AM
FitDay Member

Glad you've found a recipe on kalynskitchen.com I've found some really good recipes there! I'll have to try this one...maybe next week. I'll let you know how it goes
Old 03-12-2014, 01:30 PM
FitDay Member

I found more than one recipe there and copied them to my hard drive. Offhand I can't remember what they were.
Old 05-16-2014, 10:51 PM
Banned

Smile

Happy you've got found a food with kalynskitchen. com There really is a number of excellent quality recipes right now there! I am going to ought to make this happen 1... probably in a few days. I am going to inform you exactly how the item goes.