Notices

Bread alternatives

Old 02-20-2014, 09:57 PM
FitDay Member

I had give up long time ago to bread , i dont even miss it!
Old 02-21-2014, 09:28 AM
FitDay Member

Kale chips are a trendy bread/chip alternative.

Here's how you make them:

Preheat oven (toaster oven works best) to 225F. Tear kale into pieces (uniform is more important than size--but they shrink down so don't make the pieces too small). Place kale on a non-stick cookie sheet or a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper (they might stick to a regular cookie sheet). Sprinkle generously with spices such as sea salt, nutritional yeast, Old Bay seasoning (my fave), powdered ginger, garlic salt or anything you like. Bake for 7-10 minutes until dark green and crispy--careful not to burn!
Old 02-22-2014, 06:18 AM
FitDay Member

One thing to remember is that grainless bread usually is VERY high in calories. All of the ones I have found are 200 plus per slice. Not sure where you are going with your post if you don't want carbs or just grain or just yeast or? Instead of bread use baked corn chips or rice crackers, both very low calorie. if you are wanting a sandwich or a grain free situation, I agree with the lettuce leaf or kale leaf roll up idea. Stuffing tuna salad in a hollowed out tomato is a lovely meal, you can wrap it up in plastic rap to take to work or what ever. It is very easy to eat kind of like a sandwich. Romaine lettuce serves as a great on the go bread alternative or endive as well. When I had to give up carbs for my health situation, I was giving up most carbs for a week a month for a while, now I don't even want them, bread, yuck. hahahaha, no really. I wish you luck on your quest. Good idea asking the forum, folks have great ideas.
and hey, ask your doctor about it first, but water is my life saver, drink (safe, clean) water

Last edited by topspally; 02-22-2014 at 06:28 AM.
Old 02-22-2014, 06:20 AM
FitDay Member

OMG Thanks escf. I love kale chips So savory So eye pleasing So yummy and SO LOW CALORIE
Thanks for the great recipe. My buddy makes them in a food dehydrator

Last edited by topspally; 02-22-2014 at 06:28 AM.
Old 02-22-2014, 06:26 AM
FitDay Member

I agree Miss Clara. My doctor told me that I can only have very few carbs per day to be healthy so bread had to be cut out and now it just seems yucky. I used to be addicted to it and ate a loaf of bread (or more) and a stick of butter per day. Now I would no more eat that than a bale of styrofoam. LOL
Old 02-25-2014, 08:01 PM
FitDay Member

Th you very much for sharing this information with us.
I hope you will enjoy the product info i shared with you.

Last edited by Kathy13118; 02-26-2014 at 12:57 AM. Reason: edited out link to spam
Old 05-16-2014, 10:52 PM
Banned

Smile

Unsalted take hammer toe might be enjoyable pertaining to dimming or perhaps munching! My partner and i set cucumbers with every thing, peel these individuals the good way in addition to produce a lovely meal bass speaker!