Notices

Protein Powder Coffees

Old 01-23-2013, 07:08 AM
FitDay Member

Default Protein Powder Coffees

I do not remember the source of these. Haven't tried the peppermint mocha, but the Pumpkin Spice Latte is really delicious! If anyone else has other ideas or recipes for protein powder added to beverages, please share.

Protein Powder Coffees

Peppermint Mocha
Mix well:
1-2 T chocolate flavored protein powder
hot coffee
2-3 DROPS pure peppermint extract

Pumpkin Spice Latte
Mix well:
1-2 T vanilla protein powder
1/4 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
hot coffee
spash of skim milk, if desired
Old 02-09-2013, 02:43 AM
FitDay Member

Default Protein creamers

I'm not sure this is what you mean, but for a quick shot of morning protein, there's a product called "Ripped Cream" - it's a coffee creamer with 6g of protein per serving. Comes in Chocolate and Vanilla, and while a little pricey in my opinion (I'm really cheap, though ) ), they're really yummy. For the record, I usually drink my coffee black, but this stuff is really, really yummy. Did I mention it's yummy? Really really.
Old 02-15-2013, 01:51 PM
FitDay Member

NewMerryT, thanks for the info on the Ripped Cream. I manage my blood sugar without meds on 25 net carbs per day with my doctor's supervision, so Ripped Cream takes too big a chunk out of my daily carb allowance. BUT it sounds like a wonderful indulgence for others who are looking for a yummy change of pace. Your sharing is much appreciated. Enjoy that protein coffee!
Old 04-10-2013, 09:34 PM
Banned

Default Cinnamon Protein Apples

You should probably try Cinnamon Protein Apples.

INGREDIENTS: 3 large Fuji apples, 1 tbsp. cinnamon, 1 scoop vanilla protein powder. DIRECTIONS: Slice apples and place them into a sealed plastic bag. Pour cinnamon and protein powder into the bag. Shake vigorously, plate and serve.
Old 04-18-2013, 03:56 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Annawoodford
You should probably try Cinnamon Protein Apples.

INGREDIENTS: 3 large Fuji apples, 1 tbsp. cinnamon, 1 scoop vanilla protein powder. DIRECTIONS: Slice apples and place them into a sealed plastic bag. Pour cinnamon and protein powder into the bag. Shake vigorously, plate and serve.
Those sound delicious.

And, Mern, so does the chocolate peppermint coffee.
Old 09-16-2013, 10:58 PM
FitDay Member

These like great ways to boost my protein intake. I always seem to have trouble making my daily protein goals. We recently bought some pea protein. So far I have only tried it in a smoothie. It seemed pretty good. We bought plain not flavored so we can use it in a variety of recipes.