fruit...good or bad?

Community
Notices
Like Tree1Likes

fruit...good or bad?

Old 02-05-2013, 05:06 PM
FitDay Member

Default Good

Fruits are good for health and no one can doubt about their importance. But thing is that if you take anything over then it will create problem for you so its good idea to take fruit in limit.
Old 09-05-2013, 11:54 PM
FitDay Member

I've been losing weight fine and I eat fruit every morning. Even GASP, bananas, which a well-meaning but uninformed doctor once told me to stay away from if I was trying to lose weight. It all gets logged on FitDay and I stay within my calorie budget, so the fruit is fine for me.

It's true that I could get my potassium and other nutrients from leafy greens, and probably do, because I eat a lot of them for lunch and dinner. But bananas continue to be tastier, imo.
Old 09-12-2013, 05:00 PM
FitDay Member

Default fruit...good or bad?

Fruit always good for the health. I think you are doing good thing for your health. Your diet chart help you to do your body fitness.
Old 09-12-2013, 08:52 PM
FitDay Member

Fruits and vegetables are part of a well-balanced and healthy eating plan. There are many different ways to lose or maintain a healthy weight. Using more fruits and vegetables along with whole grains and lean meats, nuts, and beans is a safe and healthy one. Helping control your weight is not the only benefit of eating more fruits and vegetables. Diets rich in fruits and vegetables may reduce the risk of some types of cancer and other chronic diseases. Fruits and vegetables also provide essential vitamins and minerals, fiber, and other substances that are important for good health.
Old 09-15-2013, 10:21 PM
FitDay Member

As the others said it depends on several factors so and therefore it is different for everyone. However I would say the most people eat way too little fruit. Don't know why... Lately I read that only about 56 percent purchase fruits at least one time a week - the others more seldom.

And I would defenitely not say in general that you can't lose weight when consuming fruit. Of course it has sugar in it but not as much as chocolate or whatever. Plus there's no fat in it but rather a lot of important vitamins.

Last edited by vabeachgirlNYC; 04-13-2022 at 11:24 AM. Reason: link
Old 10-21-2013, 08:32 PM
FitDay Member

Fruit always good for the health.
Old 12-02-2013, 09:42 PM
FitDay Member

I've noticed that since I've started eating fruit as a snack or after a meal, I haven't been craving cookies or chocolate like I used to. Just needed something sweet. So comparing the calories I would eat in a candy bar and those I get from a slice of watermelon, I figure I'm good. Also, I keep track of them in my calorie count. You should be fine as long as you're not eating fruit every minute of every day (as someone said, everything in moderation).
Old 12-04-2013, 12:33 PM
FitDay Member

I've seen it several times: excess fruit will cause you to gain weight. Frankly I can't imagine anyone having a weight problem from eating "too much" fruit. And I don't think it has anything to do with the rising weight issues in society.

That being said, some people have to limit their carbs for health reasons (e.g., diabetes) and therefore limit their fruit.
Old 12-18-2013, 04:37 PM
FitDay Member

Talking

Q: Can you really eat as much fresh fruit as you want and still lose weight?

A: Unfortunately, no. Fresh fruit is a healthy choice and loaded with vitamins and antioxidants; however fruit still contains calories and carbohydrates. These are two things that can stop your weight-loss progress in its tracks if left unchecked.

Whether or not you should eat fruit while dieting has always been a controversial topic. The Internet is cluttered with articles claiming that eating fruit will make you fat, while more recently Weight Watchers has deemed fruit a 'zero points food' as part of the Points Plus system, allowing dieters to eat all the fruit they want without it impacting their daily points total.

Which is correct? Is your daily cup of blueberries to blame for that extra layer of belly fat you can't seem to burn off? Or is it an innocent bystander in your quest for your ideal body? One of the reasons that fruit is so controversial is because it can be a double-edged sword. While fruit is a very nutritious food that should be included in a weight loss diet, there may come a time when you will need to reduce or temporarily remove fruit from your diet to reach your goals. Let's take a closer look at both sides of this controversy.

Old 05-21-2014, 10:02 PM
Banned

Smile

Fruit are always good..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.