Green Enchilada Chicken Soup
- 1.5 lb chicken, cooked and diced into small bite sized pieces.
- 1 large can green enchilada sauce
- 1 14.5oz can Del Monte brand Chipotle Tomatos (diced) or something similar in any brand. But the chipotle adds a real nice kick.
- 32 oz chicken broth
- 1 15oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 15oz can corn
- 1 medium onion, chopped
1. In a large pot, pour about 1 Tbsp of olive oil in, heat and saute onions until they are golden.
2. Once they are cooked, add chicken stock, enchilada sauce, tomatos, beans and corn. Heat.
3. Serve 1.75 cups into a bowl and weigh out about 3oz of chicken for each bowl. It should serve about 6 people.
That's it!!! If you want it thicker, mix 1 Tbsp cornstarch with about 2 Tbsp water and pour into boiling soup. Stir until a little thicker.
Per serving (in the base without the chicken added) there are 198 calories. The calories in the chicken will of course depend on the amount you put in each bowl. 3 oz of chicken should be about 140 calories, give or take. It's very filling and super tasty.
Top with some light sour cream, reduced fat shredded cheese, tortilla chips, diced avocados, or any other toppings you might like. Just be careful...this is where the calories can really add up.
Sounds delicious! Thanks for sharing!
Delicious, thanks for this recipe.
|All times are GMT. The time now is 12:49 PM.|