FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Food talk (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/food-talk/)
-   -   Are you missing creamy Ceasar salad dressing? Well miss it no more!! (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/food-talk/8876-you-missing-creamy-ceasar-salad-dressing-well-miss-no-more.html)

lildebbieg 01-05-2013 09:53 AM

Are you missing creamy Ceasar salad dressing? Well miss it no more!!

Hi all :)
I've been here on Fitday for some time, but never ventured over to the forum. This is my first post.

Now for the important stuff! Ceasar Salad!!! :p If you're looking for a healthy Ceasar salad dressing, this one is an absolute must! It is sooooo yummy!

Servings: 4 • Size: 3 tbsp • Old Points: 2 pts • Points+: 2 pts
Calories: 77 • Fat: 5.7 g • Protein: 5 g • Carb: 1.7 g • Fiber: 0 g • Sugar: 1 g
Sodium: 169 mg

Ingredients:

• 1/3 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano
  • 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
  • 1 small garlic clove
  • 1/2 tbsp Dijon mustard
  • 2 anchovy fillets
  • 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
  • 5 tbsp fat free Greek yogurt

Directions:

In the bowl of a food processor add the cheese, the lemon juice, garlic clove, mustard and the anchovies. Turn the machine on and let it run for 15 to 20 seconds. Add the oil and yogurt and let the machine run for another 15 seconds.

Let me know if you try it and what you think!

Debbie

SailorDoom 01-15-2013 05:35 PM

Tried it tonight! It was excellent, but slightly acidic. I think I will cut the lemon juice a tad next time and add a little salt. Definitely a keeper -- thank you for the recipe!

foxbrent 01-24-2013 06:31 PM

not really coz' my aunts has a restaurant that serves the same dish.

MarrieAnn 01-29-2013 09:29 AM

Lemon juice in combination with yogurt is too sour for my taste.

JulieBengt 02-08-2013 05:52 AM

Originally Posted by lildebbieg (Post 93790)
Hi all :)
I've been here on Fitday for some time, but never ventured over to the forum. This is my first post.

Now for the important stuff! Ceasar Salad!!! :p If you're looking for a healthy Ceasar salad dressing, this one is an absolute must! It is sooooo yummy!

Servings: 4 • Size: 3 tbsp • Old Points: 2 pts • Points+: 2 pts
Calories: 77 • Fat: 5.7 g • Protein: 5 g • Carb: 1.7 g • Fiber: 0 g • Sugar: 1 g
Sodium: 169 mg

Ingredients:

• 1/3 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano
  • 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
  • 1 small garlic clove
  • 1/2 tbsp Dijon mustard
  • 2 anchovy fillets
  • 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
  • 5 tbsp fat free Greek yogurt

Directions:

In the bowl of a food processor add the cheese, the lemon juice, garlic clove, mustard and the anchovies. Turn the machine on and let it run for 15 to 20 seconds. Add the oil and yogurt and let the machine run for another 15 seconds.

Let me know if you try it and what you think!

Debbie

I can already taste it. . .thanks! . . . avoiding additives really helps me and this is cheaper to make!