Notices

Healthy Holiday Recipes!?

Old 12-01-2012, 11:03 AM
FitDay Member

Default Healthy Holiday Recipes!?

This is my first Christmas season with my boyfriend (we began dating immediately after Christmas last year) and we're both rather health conscious these days. However, we're trying to come up with festive and hearty meals for the holidays instead of the same old stir fry. Preferably recipes with ingredients that aren't too expensive (we're in college working part-time with rent, car payments, ect.)

Any ideas? I'd love it if anybody came up with a healthy casserole! They seem to all be loaded with cheese and cream!
Old 12-03-2012, 06:31 AM
Super Moderator

Mandy, here's one...and partly inspired by another post in another forum for chicken pot pie.

I tweak this recipe a lot, but it's a good place to start because it has no cream, cheese, milk, creamy soup, etc.

Chicken Pot Pie II Recipe - Allrecipes.com

I've also made this a few times; I usually use my own sauce and increase it more than what's called for. Some fresh basil would make red and green, very pretty for holidays.

Biggest Loser Baked Ziti Recipe at Epicurious.com

Last edited by cjohnson728; 12-03-2012 at 06:39 AM.
Old 12-26-2012, 05:39 PM
FitDay Member

vegetable salad like caesar is the best or you can make cakes or cookies out of veggies too.