FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Food talk (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/food-talk/)
-   -   Protein/Carb ratio? (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/food-talk/843-protein-carb-ratio.html)

farahb7 04-27-2010 02:31 AM

and i was thinking i don't like protein so much because it means fish and beef and chicken!!!! i love the protein sources you mentioned Cassie, now, thinking of protein does not make me sick, thanks to you Cassie. :D
and Chris, i know a good protein powder that has no carbs in it, it's by gold standard and is 100% egg white but i have the vanila custard flaour and it tastes deliciuos!!!! i love the smoothies i make with it! give it a try and see how you like it. i think they have it in chocolate flavour as well!;)

KYLCONN2 04-27-2010 03:53 AM

i have found a great tasting protein powder called Protein Complete 40. the chocolate tastes like chocolate cake batter. it has 40 grams of protein per serving and only 203 calories.

montanacricket 04-27-2010 04:29 AM

Thanks all for the protein powder advice. I ended up at GNC (yeah I know, over priced) and found some "tasteless" powder called "any whey". It has 70 calories, 17 grams of protein and 1 gram of carbs per serving.

Yeah, it was, shall we say "interesting"? I added it to my morning smoothie of plain low fat yogurt, fresh strawberries and soy milk and I think I'll cut it in 1/2 tomorrow cause I thought I was going to throw up I felt so overly full afterward.

It's not bad, just not, well, yummy.

I can't do "sweet" first thing in the morning at all, makes me sick! So that's why I was looking for flavorless. My unsweetened shake is plenty sweet!

farahb7 04-27-2010 10:44 AM

wish i had that attitude towards sweet, i could have sweets anytime of the day!
but i noticed someting interesting yesterday, i tried some sweets and it made me feel sick, i thought something was wrong with that, but hopefully my tastebuds are trying to be nicer to me and help me lose weight?:D

tandoorichicken 04-27-2010 10:54 AM

@farah,

That's a good sign! It means your body is adapting to needing less carbs. Hopefully this will be followed by a reduction in appetite so you won't feel a need to be eating all the time (a big problem for me when I followed a high-carb, low-fat diet).

-Nik

farahb7 04-27-2010 12:30 PM

hi Nik,
the funny thing is, on fitday, i'm eating a lot more than i used to. seems like i was starving myself, the first few days, my calorie count was on average about 700, max 900 and about 85% of it from carbs:eek:. and i felt so weak and tired, and funny enough i didn't even know the reason:o
but i found out i should eat more so my metabolism starts working and i have tried to cut down on carb and have more protein. i just hope i don't gain more weight in the meantime my body's adjusting. :)

farahb7 04-29-2010 02:32 AM

NICE!!!!!! for the first time my Carb/fat/pro looks good, it is 47/16/37! :cool:

summerqueenmc 05-12-2010 03:43 PM

Good luck Montana, I have been on and off every diet known to man . Eat this not that... Now I am also trying to look at nutrition and ratio's, I just started with fitday, and am very surprised at my fat intake , I feel like I will learn alot from the nutritional breakdown charts . Strength in knowledge right?
I am trying to loose the mind set of dieting. I want to eat for health and of course enjoyment. I have come to conclusion that I am over weight because food is my crutch(drug of choice). So what am I using food to hide from? Thats my journey.
I started out need to loose 106 pounds, a little more would be ok to. That is magic number to get to a considered healthy BMI. I am down 20 pounds, but it has been a long journy to get here. Two years been down a liitle more back up to starting weight, as I have said tried several things looking for a quick fix.They dont exist so now trying to face my feelings, and start new healthy habits with exercising and eating well.
I will think of you on your walks as I go to the gym . Keep on stepping and next year at this time think how great we will feel.

4sdowns 08-07-2010 08:55 AM

Just for fun, try this online metabolic type test to see what they recommend for ratios.

Metabolic Typing: Self Test from Natural Health Yellow Pages