Notices

one ingredient ice cream

Old 07-21-2012, 02:56 AM
FitDay Member

Talking one ingredient ice cream

Hey, everyone! Tried a new recipe yesterday,turned out to be a success! Dice four bananas(or however many you like) and freeze til solid. Then blend til very smooth in food processor and freeze. Scoop out like ice cream! I added chopped toasted walnuts to mine. You could add cocoa and make it chocolate. Whatever! Have fun and enjoy!
Old 07-26-2012, 04:37 PM
FitDay Member

Sounds like a tasty treat. Thanks for the idea.
Old 07-27-2012, 01:52 AM
FitDay Member

Sounds yummy! Just keep in mind that each of those bananas is about 100 calories. You don't mention if this is for one serving or you are sharing.
Old 08-17-2012, 09:00 AM
FitDay Member

I do this with bananas alot when they have gone over ripe. Delicious!
Ive also done a sorbet type dessert that was an experiment but turned out really nice. Watermelon blended with a small banana and a small low fat peach yoghurt- then freeze it and stir a fork around in it every 30 mins or so until it goes like a slush or to how you like it. The flavour was surprisingly really nice and it was so refreshing on a hot summer day.