Banned

Nice information thanks for share
Old 11-12-2014, 07:00 AM
FitDay Member

Default Low Carb Pumpkin Soup

Low Carb Pumpkin Soup

Easy and yummy.

Ingredients:

1 1/2 cups canned pumpkin puree (pure pumpkin, not pie mix)
2 cups chicken or vegetable broth
1 tablespoon dehydrated minced onion or 1/4 cup fresh minced onion
1 teaspoon oil ONLY IF using fresh onion
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon curry powder (start with one--add more to taste, if desired)
1/2 to 1 packet artificial sweetener (equivalent of 1-2 teaspoons sugar)
1/4 teaspoon salt or salt substitute
1/2 cup almond milk

Directions:
1. If using fresh onion, add oil to pot and saute the onion until soft, but not brown.

2. Add all the remaining ingredients

3. Bring to a boil stirring often. Remove from heat, cover, and let stand for 15 minutes before serving.

Serving suggestion: top with low carb Hungry Girl Flatbread chips: microwave a flatbread on a paper towel on high for 1-2 minutes until dry and crispy. Watch carefully to not burn it. Break into chips and float on top of your soup. I used sundried tomato flatbread flavor the first time--it was yummy.

I didn't do the nutrition counts on this recipe.

Last edited by Mern; 11-12-2014 at 07:08 AM. Reason: corrrected flavor of flatbread used
Old 11-14-2014, 02:18 AM
FitDay Member

Default Chocolate Mocha Flaxmeal Muffins

Chocolate Mocha Flaxmeal Muffins
Mern's recipe
Freezes well and are delicious rewarmed

**Notes:
1. These are dense, moist muffins. People who have tried this recipe either love them or hate them. I love them and as a low carber, they are a staple in my freezer.

2. One time I accidentally left out the artificial sweetener and found that since I like dark chocolate best anyway, the protein shake mix alone sweetened them enough for me. Now I make them without additional sweetener.

3. If using paper liners: if eating them right after baking in paper liners, some of the muffin will stick to the paper. I freeze whatever I don't eat right away, then when I want to rewarm them, I first peel the paper off the frozen muffin then pop in the microwave on high for 5 seconds or more until thawed and warm. That way no muffin sticks to the paper.

Ingredients:
1/2 cup egg substitute or 2 eggs, beaten
4 teaspoons baking powder
1 cup ground flaxmeal (I use Bob's Red Mill brand found in baking or health food aisle of grocery store
6 tablespoons Vanilla Protein Shake Mix (I use Walker Diet found online)
4 tablespoons oil
1 cup granular Splenda, Apriva or other heat stable pourable artificial sweetener that measures the same as sugar (the volume is necessary for proper texture)
2 tsp. vanilla
1 1/4 cup strong prepared coffee (I use decaf--doesn't matter whether brewed or instant)
6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350F
Spray with no-stick cooking spray a 12 cup non-stick muffin tin or use paper liners

Beat eggs well with hand whisk.
Add remaining ingredients one at a time, whisking well after adding each.

Divide evenly between the 12 muffin cups (about 1/4 cup each). Bake about 15 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes in muffin tin on wire rack. If not using paper liners, loosen around each muffin with a plastic knife and then remove muffins onto wire rack.

Entire recipe makes 12--with egg substitute and pourable Splenda, and low carb protein shake mix
1412 calories; 100.7g fat; 14.4g sat fat; 54g poly fat; 23.8 mono fat; 93.2 carbs 48.1g carbs 65.9g protein; cholesterol 25mg.

Per muffin (1/12 recipe) 117 calories; fat 8.4g; 1.2g sat fat; 4.6g poly fat; mono fat 2.0g; Carbs 7.7g; Fiber 4.0g; Net carbs 3.7g; Protein 5.3g; cholesterol 2.1mg
Old 11-14-2014, 02:25 AM
FitDay Member

Default Hollie's Spiced Low Carb Flax Muffins

I have not tried this--just passing along the recipe exactly as the creator wrote it.

Holle’s Spiced Low Carb Muffins

Ingredients:

2 scant cups flax meal or flaxseed meal

½ cup soy flour

Tablespoon baking powder

½ teaspoon baking soda

1 cup granulated Splenda

1 teaspoon cinnamon

½ teaspoon ground ginger

½ teaspoon ground cloves

½ cup water

1/3 cup cooking oil

5 beaten eggs

1 teaspoon vanilla

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a standard 12-cup muffin pan with baking spray. I use the kind that contains flour, like Baker’s Joy.

2. Mix together all the dry ingredients.

3. Add the water, oil, eggs, and vanilla and mix well.

4. Allow batter to rest for 5 minutes.

5. Divide muffin batter among the 12 muffin cups.

6. Bake for 25-30 minutes.

These muffins are really delicious! Spread them with butter or softened cream cheese. For a real treat, sweeten the cream cheese with a little Splenda first!

Each muffin has only ONE net carb! Isn’t that amazing? You’ll agree once you try my low carb muffins.
Old 11-14-2014, 02:26 AM
FitDay Member

Default One Minute Flax Muffin

One Minute Flax Muffin-Marilyn's version

Ingredients
1 T Melted Butter
dash salt (optional--not needed if using salted butter)
1 Egg
1/2 t Baking Powder
4 T Flax Meal

For breakfast muffin:
Can add a packet of artificial sweetener, a teaspoon of cinnamon, 2 tablespoons ground or chopped nuts.

Instructions
Mix together and microwave for 1 minute or until center is set.

Leave it in the bowl for another minute then turn it out on a cooling rack and let it cool.

Eat warm as a muffin or once it has cooled take a long bread knife and slice the bun in half to use as a sandwich bun.
Old 11-14-2014, 05:25 AM
FitDay Member

Mern: I have a similar recipe to your One Minute Flax Muffin recipe. In my recipe, you take 1 tsp of butter to generously coat the inside of a glass ramekin. Another tsp of butter is melted and mixed with 1 egg, 1/4 tsp baking powder, 4 T. flaxmeal and 1 oz shredded cheese--(sharp cheddar gives great flavor). Combine and pour into prepared ramekin. Microwave for 1 min--if not almost dry in center, turn over in ramekin and micro again until center is dryer. Eat while warm or cool and slice through center for a low-carb version of a hamburger bun. My sister says this is pretty good and others say they have added garlic powder for taste variation. Vicki
Old 11-23-2014, 04:57 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Mern
Potsticker Patties
adapted from POTSTICKER PATTIES - Linda's Low Carb Menus & Recipes

Cabbage Mixture
3/4 lb. to 1 lb. shredded green cabbage
2 tsp. dehydrated minced onion
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1 tablespoon oil

Meat Mixture:
1/2 lb. ground pork (used 9.6 oz. lean pork loin ground in food processor and it came out fine)
1/2 lb. ground turkey or chicken (used 9 oz. chicken breast ground in food processor)
1/8 tsp. garlic powder
1 1/2 tsp. soy sauce
1/4 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. pepper
1 egg
1 tablespoon dehydrated chopped onion
1/8 to 1/4 tsp. sesame oil (I think I used 1/4 tsp.)
1 tablespoons oil (optional--use if grinding very lean pork)

Directions:
Shred cabbage, add rest of ingredients except oil, and saute lightly in oil--a little more soft than crisp-tender. Set aside.

Meanwhile, mix all of the meat mixture ingredients, except the oil, in a large bowl. Mix with your hands until the egg no longer feels slimy. Stir in the cabbage until well blended. Divide the mixture into 8 equal size patties. Fry, 4 at a time, in oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Cook about 8 minutes per side or until done in the center. Creator of recipe found that they got quite dark brown on the outside, but they didn't taste burned.

Per Serving: 308 Calories; 20g Fat; 25g Protein; 7g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 4g Net Carbs
I tried this recipe and I confess that it is very good!
Old 12-08-2014, 03:15 AM
FitDay Member

Default serve

me hungry
Old 01-13-2015, 03:37 AM
FitDay Member

seopitch09, I apologize for not having responded sooner. So glad you enjoyed the potsticker patties.

sternml700, hope you find some good recipes to enjoy.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.