Notices

Low Carb Recipes

Old 11-05-2013, 04:53 PM
FitDay Member

I hope the post will encourage public to provide it a try. Thanks Mern
Old 11-12-2013, 04:45 PM
FitDay Member

Wow... so many crab recipes... I will try these recipes. Do you have any griiled crab recipe?
Old 01-05-2014, 06:25 AM
FitDay Member

Bumping this up for lildebbieg

David, you're quite welcome.

Marteen, I don't have any crab recipies, just these low carb ones I shared.
Old 01-17-2014, 07:36 AM
FitDay Member

Default Chicken Cakes

Are they truly 445 calories each?

Originally Posted by Mern
CHICKEN CAKES (like crab cakes)

Note: Prepare mixture ahead of time and chill for 2 hours before cooking.

These had a great crunchy outside, and since the chicken was cooked, you didn't need to worry about making sure they were done inside

Serves 2

adapted from Dyan's Low Carb Recipes and Links

Ingredients:
2 cooked chicken breasts, shredded (total about 12 oz. raw weight, or 8 oz. cooked)
1/3 cup mayonnaise
1 tablespoon dehydrated minced onion
1 tbsp lemon juice
1/4 cup bread crumbs or pork rind crumbs
cooking oil

Directions:
Shred cooked chicken
Mix mayo, onion, and lemon juice.
Add to chicken and form into patties.
Heat oil in pan.
Coat each patty with pork rind crumbs.
Brown until heated through and outside is crisp on both sides.

Nutrition counts for one serving without oil and with pork rind crumbs instead of bread crumbs

Calories 445; Fat 34.7g; Sat fat 5.5g; Poly 16.8g; Mono 9.7g; Total Carbs 1.9g; Fiber .2g; Protein 33.4g
Old 01-17-2014, 10:16 AM
FitDay Member

How did I miss this! I'll check these recipes out ASAP!
Old 02-10-2014, 04:49 PM
FitDay Member

nice! It is so delicious and good for health. I will try it. thank you for your recipe.
Old 04-02-2014, 08:01 AM
FitDay Member

bumping up this thread for Jenn.
Old 04-05-2014, 06:28 PM
FitDay Member

Default Vegetable "pasta noodles" instead of real pasta spaghetti

For dinner tonight I used my vegetable spiralizer (just google it and you will see there are hand held kind and counter top kind in different price ranges) and made zucchini "noodles" (1 1/2 smallish zucchini). I sauteed them in a pan sprayed with canola spray until they were a little golden and softer but still with a bite.

Then I put on 1/2 cup of pasta sauce (I used Newman's Own Sockarooni...it's got a little kick) and 1/4 c real shredded parmesan.

It was the bomb. After I ate my BIG plate of vegetable "pasta" (a whole 165 calories and 12.5 carbs for a large plate) I took one bite of the regular pasta and man it was blah! The zucchini had so much more flavor. I'm so glad I bought that spiralizer and tried this. But if you don't have a spiralizer, I'm sure if you julienned the zucchini very fine that it would work just the same. It will just take more prep time. I left the skin on too.

All the carbs were in the sauce, so just read labels and find one that works for you. I just really like the flavor of the Sockarooni. Try the zucchini...it's scrumptious! And just compare regular pasta with the veggie version...one serving of thin pasta (which a serving is very small, btw) has about 38g carbs in the pasta alone. The zucchini has .5g carbs!

I hope you try it...enjoy!!!
Old 04-06-2014, 09:38 AM
FitDay Member

Nutty TVP (textured soy veggie protein)

This is a lower carb adaption of JediMindTricks' Nutty Quinoa which she posted at http://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums...-you-wish.html on 3-30-14.

Please read through the directions as there is a simple suggestion at the end if you would prefer a more moist version.

Ingredients:
2 tablespoons olive or canola oil
2 cups rough chopped broccoli slaw
4 tablespoons slivered almonds
3 tablespoons sunflower seeds
1/4-1/2 tsp red pepper flakes (omit if you don't like a kick)
1 cup vegetable broth
1 cup TVP--textured soy veggie protein (I use Bob's Red Mill)
2 teaspoons zero trans fat margarine (optional)
1 tablespoon dried parsley
optional extra vegetable broth to taste

Directions:
1. In a pot or skillet heat oil over medium high. Add in broccoli slaw and cook 2 minutes.
2. Add almonds, sunflower seeds and red pepper flakes and cook 2 minutes or until broccoli slaw is desired texture. Put into a bowl and set aside.
3. In the pot bring the veggie broth to a boil. Stir in TVP and optional margarine. Cover and let stand two-three minutes.
4. Take off lid, add back in the broccoli and nuts mixture, stir until heated through.
6. Stir in parsley flakes.

Note:
I have never eaten quinoa as it's too high carb for me, so I am totally unfamiliar with the texture of cooked quinoa. But this dish is great made with TVP. I loved it as it came out on my first try--veggies were crisp tender and the finished dish was loose and fluffy. But if you like a softer or more moist finished dish you could add a little more veggie broth and cook a couple minutes longer.
Old 04-11-2014, 10:58 AM
FitDay Member

Default Low Carb Biscuits

I can't say for sure how they turn out. I just now came across this recipe. I'm going to try them though. 2 net carbs per biscuit isn't so bad. There does seem that there would be a lot of calories though with the butter, cheese, sour cream; however, you could use lower calorie/fat versions of those things.

Low Carb Biscuits
  • 1 1/2 cups almond flour
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 2 tablespoons baking powder
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/3 cup sour cream
  • 4 tablespoons melted butter
  • 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
  • 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder (optional)

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a pan with non-stick cooking spray. (These spread out too much and puff up too little on a cookie sheet. Use a pan with 12 wells.) Mix all dry ingredients. Add wet ingredients and combine thoroughly. Drop about 2 heaping tablespoons in each well. Bake 10-12 minutes, until golden brown.

NET carbs 2 per biscuit

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.