Individual Peach Tarts
no-stick cooking spray
2 soft, doughy low carb tortillas (like LaBanderita brand from Walmart)
3 to 4 medium peaches (when peeled total about 1 pound)
Heat stable artificial sweetener equivalent to 2 1/2 tablespoons sugar
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. Spray six cupcake/muffin tin sections with no-stick cooking spray
3. With a round cutter or jar lid about 3 1/2 inches in diameter, cut each tortilla into three rounds. (*reserve scraps-see note)
4. Press each tortilla round into a cupcake/muffin tin section
5. Bake about 5 minutes until golden brown--watch carefully so they don't burn. Turn carefully out of tin and cool on a rack.
*Note: La Banderita brand low carb tortillas are very soft and the scraps can be pressed back together to make one a little larger than half a tortilla. I've successfully used the scraps this way to make more mini tart shells, so I'm sure it would work for this size shell as well. OR you can use it for your next sandwich wrap.
Filling: total baking time about 35 minutes
Turn oven up to 425 degrees
6. Wash and peel each peach. No need to remove pit unless desired. Slice each peach the thickness of from the outside of the peach to the seed.
7. Place the peaches in a 1 1/2 pint or 3 cup glass casserole dish
and added the sweetener. Mix well.
8. Bake for about 20 minutes, then stir and continue baking about another 15 minutes until softened and bubbly.
9. Divide the peach filling evenly among the six tart shells.
10. Best when served warm.
If desired can top with a small amount of no sugar added ice cream or sugar free whipped topping.
Nutrition counts per tart using pourable Splenda
Total Fat .6g
Saturated Fat .2g
Polyunsaturated Fat .3g
Monounsaturated Fat .1g
Total Carbohydrate 10.1g
Dietary Fiber 2.3g
Net Carbohydrate 7.8g