Modified Banana Bread Recipe
my family loves banana bread, but it definitely isn't on my food plan anymore...until now. i found a modified healthier recipe and then modified it a little more myself. i make them into muffins instead of a loaf...great portion control. here is the recipe if you'd like to try it. a single batch as shown here will make about 18 muffins.
6 tsp sugar
6 tsp stevia in the raw (the granulated/powdery kind)
2 Tbsp butter
1 large egg
1/4c unsweetened applesauce
1c ripe mashed banana (about 3)
3/4c all purpose flour
1/2c whole wheat flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
6 Tbsp soy protein powder
(i get my whole wheat flour and protein powder from the bulk bins at the healthy food store and it's pretty inexpensive)
preheat oven to 350
1. in a large mixing bowl combine butter, stevia & sugar, beat with mixer until well combined.
2. add applesauce and egg and beat another 2 minutes.
3. fold in bananas
4. lightly spoon (don't pack) flours into measuring cup & level with a knife. combine both flours, baking soda, salt and protein powder in a separate bowl.
5. add the flour mixture to the banana mixture 1/2c at a time, mixing after each addition until moistened and blended in.
6. lightly spray muffin cups with pan spray (or use liners).
7. fill cups about 2/3 full.
8. bake at 350 for about 30 minutes or until toothpick poked in center comes out clean.
9. allow to cool about 15 minutes. remove from pan and place muffins in a large bowl, tupperware or baking dish or whatever they will fit in and cover tightly with plastic wrap. let sit over night. (my opinion is that ALL banana bread, healthy or regular, always taste best the next day after being covered.)
per serving: 124 calories, total fat 2.7g, cholesterol 15.5mg, sodium 120mg, protein 5.12g, carbs 19g, fiber 1.3g.
This looks good. Glad you have a better way to enjoy your banana bread. Thanks for sharing it.
|All times are GMT. The time now is 11:17 AM.|