Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > FOOD > Food talk
Ideas for making Tuna with out Mayo >

Ideas for making Tuna with out Mayo

Community
Notices

Ideas for making Tuna with out Mayo

Old 03-10-2013, 01:01 PM
FitDay Member

I agree with you I weigh 171 down from 176 just started this life style change. Last time I lost my weight end weight 130, I used splenda in stead of sugar in my coffee and on strawberries everything I shouldn't eat on a diet I used splenda on. I started feeling bad and craving sugary foods and now I realize that you have to change the way you eat splenda is just a chemical and it's not good for you. So I'm not on a diet I'm changing my way of eating for ever.
Old 03-12-2013, 05:09 AM
FitDay Member

A little off-topic but, Maggie -- they say when you're craving sugar (sweet) you should eat protein -- especially at breakfast!
Here is a good article.
Hope that helps...
Old 05-17-2013, 03:08 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by liquidlizard
I started eating better again this week so I'm still putting together my low cal pantry. I wanted to eat some canned tuna packed in water but I didn't want to eat it plain and I when I saw that mayo packs 100 calories per tablespoon I didn't want to use that either. I ended up putting a tablespoon of A-1 steak sauce on it. It was really good. Any other ideas for making canned tuna tasty and still low cal?
Hi. I like dill and olives with pimento on my tuna. Olive oil also helps a LOT! And lettuce and celery go well with this combo. Sliced tomatoes add color. And fresh green or colored peppers are delightful.
Old 05-21-2013, 10:21 AM
FitDay Member

As a snack, I like it with cottage cheese, with a little bit of sweet bell pepper or spicy jalapeno slices.

I also like to use tuna as part of a meal. Lately, I've been putting it in my quinoa/brown rice mixture, along with peppers, extra virgin olive oil, and garbanzo beans. I mix it all together and have a really filling, really satisfying snack that fits in my calorie budget nicely.
Old 05-21-2013, 11:49 AM
FitDay Member

I make Tuna salad with tomato, one half of a lemon, cucumber, red/yellow peppers, dill, cilantro, 1 tbsp. olives, spicy dipping sauce, onions, and spinach.

It comes up to 335 calories and that's including the sauce. See my blog for more info if you want, I also make it with bean sprouts and lettuce sometimes.
Old 10-27-2013, 04:43 PM
FitDay Member

I love fan of mixing salsa with tuna too.
Old 12-02-2013, 11:25 PM
FitDay Member

I also use with plain yogurt and grated onion.
It takes great with tuna, chicken breast, turkey ham...
delicious and low cal sandwich spread.
Old 12-05-2013, 08:13 AM
FitDay Member

I add Salsa to it, and some chopped cucumber. Fairly tasty without the fat!
Old 12-07-2013, 09:47 AM
FitDay Member

I like hollowing out tomatoes and filling it with tuna seasoned with a pinch of salt and pepper, then popping it in the oven for about 10mins. Once the tomato is a bit soft and the tuna is warm, add some aceto vinegar and serve with some rocket and couscous. Really simple and easy
Old 12-11-2013, 03:31 AM
Super Moderator

If it is the calorie count of regular mayo that bothers you, you could try Canola mayonnaise (Hellmann's makes it) which has 40 calories in 14g (I think that's a tablespoon). Light Hellmann's has 35 calories in the same amount. My own preference is the Hellman's Canola because I've been trimming saturated fat from my diet.

This is an option if you really crave tuna salad. I've noticed that if you use a lot less mayo than you normally use, but mix it very VERY well, you get the benefits of taste without the calories.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.