Notices

Chicken breast recipes?

Old 05-29-2012, 12:11 PM
FitDay Member

Thumbs up quick fixer

if you are in a rush or just tired, try this:
get out some regular cheese (whatever kind you want. i prefer provolone to cheddar) one slice per breast.
you can use pasta or rice with this. again, whatever you choose.
grad some spagetti or alfredo sauce,
and dont forget the chicken of course!

bake the chicken without breading
slap on the cheese when it first comes out
put on top of pasta or rice
pour sauce over it
enjoy!
Old 09-27-2015, 08:26 AM
FitDay Member

Default Reply

Absuletly right: One thing I've been doing is mushing up a Laughing Cow cheese wedge with some spinach inside

Last edited by Kathy13118; 09-27-2015 at 10:33 PM. Reason: removed link
Old 11-04-2015, 04:10 AM
FitDay Member

Default Ton of Chicken Recipes

We use the 365 ways to cook chicken cook book. My wife and her sisters all use it, and i eat what they make. Good Eats for sure!!!!
Old 11-05-2015, 12:41 AM
Super Moderator

I think I have the much older edition of that book of chicken recipes. My husband cooks from it a lot!
Old 11-16-2015, 01:18 AM
FitDay Member

How about this curried honey mustard chicken? I've tried it and it's really delicious.
Old 12-07-2015, 01:24 AM
FitDay Member

Try Pan fry coconut chicken fingers, It's good and also healthy.

Pan Frying: Coconut Chicken Fingers - 50 Healthy Chicken Breast Recipes - Cooking Light
Old 12-14-2015, 06:00 PM
FitDay Member

Baked chicken breast marinated in herbs (whatever available) fits well for me.
Old 02-15-2016, 03:30 AM
FitDay Member

Thumbs up Parmesan Chicken

I found a recipe on Facebook that I finally tried last week and it was fantastic.

You use 1 cup Italian bread crumbs, 1 cup Parmesan cheese, 1 tsp pepper, 1 tsp garlic powder.
Mix them together. Put olive oil on the chicken (recipe actually called for pork chops) and make sure you coat the chicken in your breading that you mixed. Bake on 350 for 40-45 minutes

I cut my pepper in half and added chili powder instead. I'm thinking next time instead of Italian bread crumbs I'll substitute crushed almonds and add a few more spices to offset the sweet of the almond. I also covered the chicken with aluminum foil to help keep the moisture in and uncovered it the last ten minutes or so for it to brown a little.

It turned out great and it was one of the few times I've ever seen my dad eat a meal that he didn't load the meat down with some kind of bbq, steak sauce, ketchup, etc. so as far as I'm concerned it was a win!

Last edited by DesperatelyChanging; 02-15-2016 at 05:13 AM.
Old 02-15-2016, 05:29 AM
FitDay Member

I use a combination of almond meal, ground flax meal (for increased fiber), parm and usually Italian seasonings to lightly coat several things before baking--I use boneless skinless chicken breasts, boneless pork loin slices and fish fillets. I bake on parchment until juices run clear, cool and refrigerate to use as needed. Sometimes I make a sauce with sugar-free orange marmalade, a little sauteed onion and a few red pepper flakes. My hubbie prefers raspberry jam/jelly instead of the flavor of orange. Vicki
Old 05-09-2016, 07:41 AM
FitDay Member

I like to take the chicken breasts, add minced garlic, sea salt, black pepper, oregano, thyme, and basil. Then splash it with some olive oil and put it on the grill. I sear it on both sides, then cook it bottom side down at 450°F (using the temp gauge on my grill) for about 15 minutes. I only keep a low flame under the chickens at this point and put the bigger flame on the opposite side of the grill. Makes them super juicy but with a good sear on the outside.

I do Cajun, Dill and Paprika, and other versions, too.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.