Notices

Another use for Laughing Cow

Old 05-10-2012, 05:57 AM
FitDay Member

Default Another use for Laughing Cow

Ok, so I am addicted to these little wedges of happiness!!

The other day I made a sandwich with one (Franz Thin Bread, Sundried Tomato and Basil Light Wedge, Roasted Red Peppers and Alfalfa Sprouts) that was just phenomenal!

Today I just used the same Sundried Tomato and Basil Light flavor with zucchini. I chopped a small zucchini (mine was about 95 grams) into 1/4 inch cubes. Sprayed a pan with olive oil spray. Sauteed zucchini on high until tender and turning brown (I like crunchy zucchini). When it looked done and edible I dumped in the chopped Laughing Cow wedge, removed the pan from the heat and stirred constantly for a few seconds. Poured the cheesy zucchini on a plate and allowed a little more stirring and time for all the cheese to melt.

It was extremely tasty and only came to just over 50 calories. I have to admit that it isn't very filling, but it makes a great veggie snack!

Anyone else have any unique recipes using these cheese wedges?? I have heard of using them to make omelets and that might be my next adventure.
Old 05-11-2012, 03:11 AM
Super Moderator

Yummm! I'm going to try this!
Old 05-11-2012, 04:25 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Keep those great ideas coming! This is one I had never thought of, but sound wonderful!
I love using laughing cow on sandwiches. It doubles as a mayo replacement and a low cal cheese - yum!
Old 05-24-2012, 06:26 AM
FitDay Member

Default Creamed Kale

Ok, I'm eating another successful cheese wedge recipe!

After a small disaster with kale chips, I had a bunch of kale wilting away in my fridge. Here is what I came up with.....

Pull kale from center stalk and break into pieces. After broken up, I had about 100 grams of kale chunks....50 cals.

Blanch kale (about 3-4 minutes)

Place kale in microwavable bowl and chop up a wedge of laughing cow on top (I used garlic and herb light....35 cals).

Cover lightly and microwave for about 45secs-1min on high to melt cheese.

Stir melted cheese into kale and sprinkle with garlic salt.

Done! A light and tasty version of creamed kale! I am not sure how much of the vitamins and nutrition I lost in the kale by blanching and making mushy, but it is yummy!
Old 05-24-2012, 08:12 AM
FitDay Member

Sounds yummy - I had the most simple use of laughing cow, keep a box in the office fridge for mid afternoon starvation.

This page inspired me to try that old food of my youth, and I do like it!

But, one of you stole it - it was in my backpack when I left home, and not when I got here.

Please, whoever tracked me down, broke into my locker at the Y, stole my cheese (but not my wallet or cell phone), replaced the lock undamaged, fess up and return my cheese!
Old 05-24-2012, 12:03 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by dear_abby
sounds yummy - i had the most simple use of laughing cow, keep a box in the office fridge for mid afternoon starvation.

This page inspired me to try that old food of my youth, and i do like it!

But, one of you stole it - it was in my backpack when i left home, and not when i got here.

Please, whoever tracked me down, broke into my locker at the y, stole my cheese (but not my wallet or cell phone), replaced the lock undamaged, fess up and return my cheese!
:d:d:d
Old 05-24-2012, 03:48 PM
FitDay Member

Looooooove Laughing Cow. One thing I do with it is put it, with some spinach, into boneless/skinless chicken breasts (just wrap the meat around it) and then lightly bread it with panko crumbs and put it in the oven. It gets all gooey inside and feels like something decadent.
Old 06-03-2012, 05:50 PM
FitDay Member

I like getting a la tortilla factory rye tortilla and then heating it up for 30 seconds in the microwave then spreading one of the laughing cow cheese wedges on it then filling it with broccoli.
Old 06-04-2012, 01:46 AM
FitDay Member

mmmmm....broccoli and cheese! Has anyone seen a cheddar variety of these? All mine are 'white'...they should make an 'orange' one!

I used a chipolte one to spread on top of an elk meat burger the other day. I think next time I will put it inside the burger for a cheezy middle. Yum!
Old 06-04-2012, 07:04 AM
FitDay Member

You guys are making me hungry! I love cheese and think I am going to have to venture into the Laughing Cow section now.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.