Notices

What is your marinade for grilled chicken?

Old 11-18-2011, 12:29 PM
FitDay Member

Default What is your marinade for grilled chicken?

I've noticed some of you saying that you are sick of grilled chicken, so I am assuming you have a favorite or go to marinade for your grilled chicken.

My chicken choices have pretty much just been rotisserie.

I was thinking about marinading chicken breasts for 24 hours in olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, pepper, and a little brown sugar and then grilling.
I would love to know what many of you fitday folk do for your grilled chicken. Thanks!!
Old 11-18-2011, 02:32 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Sometimes I use the easiest thing on hand - bottled italian dressing. Works like a charm
Old 11-18-2011, 02:44 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by RunbikeSki
Sometimes I use the easiest thing on hand - bottled italian dressing. Works like a charm
I haven't used that in a while. It's very good but you have to watch the fire as the oil drips down on to the coals.
Old 11-19-2011, 05:20 AM
FitDay Member

My "go to" marinade is Olive oil, lemon juice, fresh chopped garlic, and Oregano. Sort of the traditional Greek marinade.

Another I like, but it is a bit salty is Soy sauce, Olive Oil, Garlic, Brown Sugar. (Teriyake) Works great on anything! Chickens, doves, ducks, beef, Shrimps, Salmon...
Old 11-19-2011, 06:23 PM
FitDay Member

I don't have a marinade that I use usually, but I just pan fry with garlic powder, no salt sodium substitute, black pepper, and cayenne pepper.

I'll sometimes top the chicken with blue cheese and let it melt.

I like the taste of chicken without the marinade and have been trying to cook without using oils, butter, or sugar.

Thanks,
Shawn

Last edited by SHDenver; 11-20-2011 at 02:49 AM.
Old 11-20-2011, 05:20 AM
FitDay Premium Member

For a middle eastern flavor try plain yogurt w/lemon juice, a little paprika and tumeric.
Old 11-29-2011, 03:37 AM
FitDay Member

I love the A1 Jamaican Jerk Marinade on chicken.
Old 12-04-2011, 01:30 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by RunbikeSki
For a middle eastern flavor try plain yogurt w/lemon juice, a little paprika and tumeric.
Now that sounds good!
Old 01-17-2012, 03:28 AM
FitDay Member

Every so often I make a marinade out of soy sauce, water, ginger, a little brown sugar and some thinly sliced green onions. Usually I boil everything but the green onions, let it cool and then add the onions and chicken. It works in as little as 3-4 hours, but it's best overnight. It's great for chicken wings too, and you can grill it, bake it, or pan fry it, depending on the weather....
Old 01-17-2012, 03:44 AM
FitDay Member

Default Not a marinade, but good with chicken...

For a Pakistani/Indian taste, I mix 1 tsp of curry powder with 1 TBS of mayonnaise and spread over the chicken. It's not a marinade, but it is very good. You could use yogurt, but I am doing Atkins and yogurt has more carbs (natural sugar) than mayonnaise. I have made chicken salad with this, too--add a little chopped onion to the chicken and toss with the curry-mayo mixture.