FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (/fitness/forums/)
-   Food talk (http://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/food-talk/)
-   -   Calories in chicken? (http://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/food-talk/6286-calories-chicken.html)

HanPik1 01-12-2012 04:57 AM

Calories in chicken?

Weird question, but i ate a chicken breast today that was 4 oz, on the package and everywhere else on the internet it says like 140 calories for it, but on here it says over 200....am i dumb or am i just missing something? please help :)

VitoVino 01-12-2012 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HanPik1 (Post 68128)
Weird question, but i ate a chicken breast today that was 4 oz, on the package and everywhere else on the internet it says like 140 calories for it, but on here it says over 200....am i dumb or am i just missing something? please help :)

No, I've been VERY confused about the FD's chicken calories myself.

First tip: This is not an exact science. Even if things are a little off, as long as you stick to your program you'll lose the weight, so don't sweat it.

Second tip: There are a lot of options for chicken breast here. Pick the one that most closely resembles in (calories) what your package says. If you're not satisfied with the results, create a custom food.

handcycle2005 01-12-2012 02:52 PM

Skin on or skin off makes a big difference in calorie count. Check if the FD option is skin on.

cjohnson728 01-12-2012 11:17 PM

Most accurate way is to go to Browse foods, instead of Search. Find poultry, then chicken, then breast, then how prepared, then with or without skin. I do chicken breast this way and it comes up to about 45 calories an ounce, cooked, which is probably similar to your 4 oz uncooked (I assume) at about 140 calories (weight is lost during cooking). Alternatively, you could always enter the info from the package as a custom food.

liquidlizard 01-13-2012 12:59 AM

I never knew about browsing for foods, thanks cjohnson728.

calicafe 05-29-2014 09:44 AM

My partner and i never ever understood in relation to hunting for foods, many thanks cjohnson728.