Notices

Foods you've liked, foods you've hated...

Old 01-07-2012, 11:42 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by wildbeanerz
I have never baked a potato in an oven. I love using the microwave for that. Or better yet wrapping in foil and putting in the fire at camp! Yum!

Do you buy your sweet taters by the pound? Ours seem pretty expensive and like I said, they are huge too.
Hi, very new to this site - love baked potato! What do you put on then as a low fat, calorie option to me smothering them with butter cheese bacon and sour cream???
Old 01-10-2012, 01:45 PM
FitDay Member

Have you tried salsa?
Old 01-13-2012, 11:20 PM
FitDay Member

Try plain yogurt.Some ppl like non fat sour cream, but haven't tried that.

Originally Posted by evils
Hi, very new to this site - love baked potato! What do you put on then as a low fat, calorie option to me smothering them with butter cheese bacon and sour cream???
Old 01-13-2012, 11:34 PM
FitDay Member

I'm kind of down on a lot of new..."better eating foods".Many are made up...out of who knows what? & have a dreadful taste/texture. Maybe it's just my taste tho.

Have came back to eating more & more of real foods,just less of them.I divide a regular cake mix in half & "frost" with Cool Whip.Baking sweet potatoes & using lots of cauliflower.Making soup with every veggie in home made broth.

Turnips are a new find,use diced in soup or like a boiled potato.Egg white omelet using one yolk & several whites with whatever veggies I've stir fried first.Good hummus,different teas,a tsp of olive oil with a couple splashes of rice vinegar on salad,sticking with healthy foods when we eat out.

Nothing earth shaking, but I'm a work in process & slowly,slowly ...works for me.

Last edited by losinflab; 01-13-2012 at 11:39 PM.
Old 01-14-2012, 04:07 PM
FitDay Member

I have not tried any thing to crazy so not too may dislikes:

sugar snap peas
plain fat free greek yogurt, (call me crazy I know it's pretty sour)
chicken, chicken and more chicken
mustard (I've always loved it, but using it more now since it's very low cal)
raw spinach, just to nosh on, no dressing, really fills me up
spinach and lettuce in hot water with a lot of salt and pepper, kind of a soup
Berries from local warehouse/membership store, a lot cheaper then regular store and I don't feel like I have to ration them
Half as much peanut butter, salad dressing, or cream cheese as I used to use before, still get the tast without all the calories.

Dislike:

stevia (i'm not really that into sweets anyway)
cheese by itself as a snack (I like the taste but it doesn't fill me up enough to justify the calories)
Old 01-15-2012, 09:08 AM
FitDay Member

While visiting a friend this afternoon, I tried a few flavors of hot tea (camomile, mint and green) and now can say I don't like hot tea.
Old 01-15-2012, 01:43 PM
FitDay Member

I love chocolate but it no longer likes me. Ii have a had a few migrians now and then since I was in my 20's. When I went through menopas(sp) I started having more. I started having to get fmla for those days I woke up with a headach.
I started paying attention to what I ate then had a headache start. THe biggest trigger next to stress is chocolate. Does any one else get headaches if the eat chocolate or other foods. I also find I have to keep hydrated or I can get one and if I don't get enough sleep.
I love fresh veggies. I went and dug some carrots out in the green house today. I like some veggies better raw then cooked.
I don't like squash much unless I can hide in something,except zucchine -breaded and fried.
Old 01-15-2012, 10:02 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by adyndravo1

I love chocolate but it no longer likes me. Ii have a had a few migrians now and then since I was in my 20's. When I went through menopas(sp) I started having more. I started having to get fmla for those days I woke up with a headach.
I started paying attention to what I ate then had a headache start. THe biggest trigger next to stress is chocolate. Does any one else get headaches if the eat chocolate or other foods. I also find I have to keep hydrated or I can get one and if I don't get enough sleep.
I love fresh veggies. I went and dug some carrots out in the green house today. I like some veggies better raw then cooked.
I don't like squash much unless I can hide in something,except zucchine -breaded and fried.
Depending on how they're cooked, I can get migraines with tomato products. The biggest culprit is pizza sauce from certain restaurants.
Old 01-15-2012, 11:31 PM
FitDay Member

Likes: almond milk, mio to flavor some of that water I drink (peach mango and peach tea), almond extract in my coffee, flaxseed, flaxseed meal, TVP, hake, Greek yogurt, flat out wraps, slim buns (slimwiches).

Dislikes: Gorton's tilapia fillets sooooo yucky, vanilla soy isolate protein powder (aka gypsum dust bleck), zero calorie chocolate sauce, wheat germ

I've been dieting on and off for years, so most of the foods I've tried over and over again, but I have tried a few new ones in the past 2 years. Can't say why the Gorton's tilapia fillets are so awful but even my husband couldn't choke them down and he's really not a fussy eater. I will never buy the soy protein powder again, I've never enjoyed drywall dust, especially as a dish to pass. There are a whole line of those 0 calories sauces, chocolate, maple syrup, a whole host of salad dressings, every one I tried was awful, tasted like chemicals. I don't know what it is about wheat germ, I know it's good for you but it just tastes like old saw dust to me, and nothing seems to cover up that taste either. I made bran muffins and put molasses in them and still all I could taste was the wheat germ. Gag me.

I actually happen to love the slim buns, we usually get the Pepperidge Farm brand or Aunt Millies, honey wheat or 7 grain. Our youngest child will choose those any day of the week over bread of any kind. Crazy but true. On the Mio, strawberry kiwi is on my list of "dislikes" but most of the rest of the flavors were fine, the peach ones however are the best.
Old 01-16-2012, 04:34 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by RunbikeSki
Hi Ms Beanerz.
Try using the oven some time... it is a subtle, but a true baked potato, or sweet potato is yummier, IMO.

The one food I have tried (several times) to adopt is those "thin buns" by various bakeries. I just don't like the flavor. Something about them tastes chemically to me. And when I try to toast them they turn to crackers. Which would be OK if I wanted a cracker, but as a bread substitute, I just can't do it
I love oven baked potatoes (white or sweet) I get them at restaurants. My favorite is the sweet potatoes with a little bit of butter and cinnamon & brown sugar.

I get a thin bun at work. It is made by European Bakeries. It is a multigrain and has 90 cals. Everyone in my family absolutely loves them. I don't know that you can buy them other than in my situation where they are sold to restaurants. And you can toast them and they are even yummier! One of my fave snacks at night is a tomato & lettuce sandwich on a toasted thin bun.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.