Vegetable Benefits for Health >

Vegetable Benefits for Health

Community
Notices

Vegetable Benefits for Health

Old 11-28-2011, 03:14 PM
FitDay Member

Default Vegetable Benefits for Health

They are extremely rich source of minerals, enzymes, and vitamins. Faulty cooking and prolonged careless storage, however, destroy these valuable nutrients. Most of the vegetables are, therefore, best consumed in their natural raw state in the form of salads.
There are different kinds of vegetables. They may be edible roots, stems, leaves, fruits and seeds. Each group contributes to the diet in its own way.
Old 12-04-2011, 04:36 PM
FitDay Member

Cooking breaks down the hard cell walls of plants to some degree making nutrients more available and reducing toxins such as those that harm your thyroid in cruciferous vegetables. With all the recalls of produce going on now and then I think it's safer to cook them to kill bacteria too.

I still eat raw fruit and some vegetables raw but I wash them very, very well.

Overall I think cooking is the way to go until I stop seeing so many recalls of contaminated produce.

I even got concerned enough to heat up melon a little in the microwave before eating a couple of times because of all the people getting sick from eating tainted melons.
Old 12-05-2011, 01:11 AM
FitDay Member

Do you live in a place where you can grow some of your own? There are some varieties of Lettuce and tomatoes that you can grow indoors in a container!
Old 12-14-2011, 01:05 AM
FitDay Member

Hi dear,

Vegetables are very beneficial for the health.
These keep us fit an d active.
These control the cholesterol level.
Raw green vegetables are very effective for burning the fat.
Old 12-16-2011, 02:18 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Rubystars
Cooking breaks down the hard cell walls of plants to some degree making nutrients more available and reducing toxins such as those that harm your thyroid in cruciferous vegetables. With all the recalls of produce going on now and then I think it's safer to cook them to kill bacteria too.

I still eat raw fruit and some vegetables raw but I wash them very, very well.

Overall I think cooking is the way to go until I stop seeing so many recalls of contaminated produce.

I even got concerned enough to heat up melon a little in the microwave before eating a couple of times because of all the people getting sick from eating tainted melons.
I use Grapefruit Seed Extract (GSE) on all raw fruits and veggies. Because of colon problems, I am not supposed to eat ANY raw fruits and veggies--though a couple of the doctors said I could eat salad once in a while. If I eat it more than two days in a row, I start having colon problems. I have learned to fix the salad and then microwave it for about 20-30 seconds--this starts the digestive process before I even put it in my mouth (where more of the digestive process takes place--so chew very well).

PS: The salmonella (etc) is on the peel of the melon. If you wash it carefully (with a soft brush and GSE mixture), you should not have to worry about cooking it. I do that with everything that requires me to cut through the skin--apples, avocados, melons, etc.

Last edited by volleyballgranny; 12-16-2011 at 02:23 AM.
Old 01-30-2012, 04:51 PM
FitDay Member

Vegetables are best food for health. Vegetables are low calories food which are good for weight lose. Vegetables are natural food and have lot of carbohydrates which are good for health.
Old 01-30-2012, 04:56 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Massin
Vegetables are best food for health. Vegetables are low calories food which are good for weight lose. Vegetables are natural food and have lot of carbohydrates which are good for health.
You're very active for a new posted.
Old 05-28-2014, 09:42 PM
Banned

Smile

Do you are in a spot and develop a number of of your family? There are some types of Lettuce along with garlic you can develop indoors within a pot!