Notices

Don't blame the turkey damn it!

Old 11-23-2011, 11:31 AM
Super Moderator

I think the compliment each other, I think the duck brings a moistness to it.
Old 11-23-2011, 01:12 PM
Super Moderator

I'm with April, load up on the bird, tastes of the sides (except lots of the unadorned veggies).

I can respond, now that I'm done laughing at the mental image the typo gave me..."masked" potatoes, lololol!
Old 11-23-2011, 04:05 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
IIRC the turkey may be boneless too, not sure though.
former meat shop girl......all three birds are boneless. I've had it, didn't care for it. I'm not a fan of duck, reminds me of Donald and Daffy. I don't know of a famous cartoon turkey, so I have no qualms whatsoever to eating him. And Foghorn Leghorn always got on my nerves, so I'll eat a chicken ANY day of the week
Old 11-24-2011, 09:35 AM
FitDay Premium Member

The turducken was very good. Duck and chicken were boneless, as was the turkey, except for drumsticks. Had a modest portion of each, a bit of stuffing and a roll and two ww biscuits with some sort of hippie butter substitute crap. So, not too bad. Oh, and six bottles of ale . My sister made eight (8) pies! Pumpkin, apple and my favorite, chocolate creme. Of course, I politely refused all of them. Kind of nice to be in control for the second year in a row, though I suppose I should have cut back on the brewskies.

Regards,
Michael
Old 11-24-2011, 10:34 AM
Super Moderator

Wow great job Michael. I folded like a table cloth.
Old 11-24-2011, 11:03 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Wow great job Michael. I folded like a table cloth.
Well, I've ended the day at around 2,700 cals. Not great, but not crazy high. Probably a bit over my burn, which I don't like to do too often. Will have to buckle down and get back on plan tomorrow.

Regards,
Michael
Old 11-25-2011, 08:03 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by mecompco
My sister made eight (8) pies! Pumpkin, apple and my favorite, chocolate creme. Of course, I politely refused all of them. Kind of nice to be in control for the second year in a row, though I suppose I should have cut back on the brewskies.

Regards,
Michael
Wow, good job on the pies! We had 5 pies + ice cream. I managed to keep it to 2 small slices - 1 apple and my pumpkin cheesecake. I have to admit that I was so stuffed that I didn't finish either - but I gave it hell
Old 06-16-2014, 09:35 PM
Banned

Smile

My partner and i recognize, turkeys get yourself a bad rap. It isn't fair. If someone really stinks on one thing instantly these are produced available to become a "turkey". As well as the nephew, the chicken, becomes an unsatisfactory rap too. For being named a "chicken" is a bad matter.