Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > FOOD > Food talk
Has anyone read the China Report by T. Colin Campbell? >

Has anyone read the China Report by T. Colin Campbell?

Notices

Has anyone read the China Report by T. Colin Campbell?

Old 10-25-2011, 02:11 AM
FitDay Member

Default Has anyone read the China Report by T. Colin Campbell?

It left me speechless, dumbfounded and as a premium, it knocked my socks off!

Mr. Campbell, a well known American scientist in the food industry used to research on how to produce meat faster, cheaper and better.

He went on to fulfill a distinguished career as researcher for several Universities, among which Cornell, MIT and Virginia Tech and was involved in policy making at the highest levels for many decades.

The China Study was one of the resulting benefits of Nixon's visit to China, that opened the door to mutual cooperation between the US and Chinese scientists and spanned a period of 25 years.

The conclusions are mind boggling.

For one, it states meat is not good for health.

As a matter of fact, the study seems to indicate that meat, whatever its origin, would be one of the main culprits causing cancer.

It would seem that to remain healthy and fit better and longer, we should eradicate any proteins that have animal origin from our diet.

When reading the book, many arguments are supported by abundant and thoroughly researched proof.

Mr. Campbell himself states he has become a vegetarian as he learned over time how detrimental eating meat was to the body's health.

How ironic that I was in the middle of a protein diet when I read this.
Old 10-25-2011, 02:45 AM
FitDay Member

What kind of meats? I've eliminated red meat from my diet but I refuse to give up tasty birds like chicken and turkey. They provide more protein and less saturated fat/cholesterol than beef.

Also, not all saturated fats appear to be bad:

As you can see, consuming some types of saturated fat can raise blood cholesterol levels while consuming other types can improve the ratios of blood cholesterol. It’s interesting to note that the main saturated fat of animal products has little effect on blood cholesterol levels. Good news for meat lovers!
Food Myths Debunked: All Saturated Fats Raise Blood Cholesterol / Nutrition / Healthy Eating

As far as "cancer" is concerned, I'm assuming that it's linked to body acidity? Isn't body acidity controlled through eating a lot of fruits and vegetables? So I'm thinking that eating healthy, lean meats in moderation along with fruits and veggies is fine.

I have a couple of friends who are diehard PETA members. They tried to give up all animal protein a few years ago and ate strictly vegetarian. Their attempt failed because it was just too difficult. No, the only way I'm going to give up chicken is when they have to pry it from my cold dead hands.

Great website you're managing there! Thankfully I'm not diabetic but I've becoming more aware of the glycemic index recently and have been using it for my weight loss efforts.

And to FitDay!
Old 10-25-2011, 03:04 AM
FitDay Member

HAve a look at the alkaline diet it explains how the acid in fruit and veggies counteracts the acid in our bodies... another good one to watch in forks and knives same theme as the CHina Study... very interesting mind boggling stuff.