Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > FOOD > Food talk
High Potassium - Low Calories Food List (K:calories ratio) >

High Potassium - Low Calories Food List (K:calories ratio)

Notices

High Potassium - Low Calories Food List (K:calories ratio)

Old 10-22-2014, 11:15 AM
FitDay Member

I've always been told to get my vitamins from food and not supplements. But getting enough potassium is crazy hard. Is there any reason to believe that a healthy person wouldn't absorb NoSalt as though it were a food source of potassium - assuming it were used with a meal, of course.
Old 12-16-2014, 02:22 AM
FitDay Member

Smile DIY - Aloevera Hair Conditioner

Hello everyone!!! All of us are aware about benefits of aloe vera. There are hundreds of products in the market that contain aloevera and claim to be beneficial for your skin and hair. No doubt, we have started seeing dedicated aloevera product range in various brands. Aloevera is a brilliant and a perfect conditioner for hair. I will share a natural hair conditioner with you today that will soothe your itchy scalp, get rid of dandruff and add shine to your hair.
So lets get started to make this :
1. Take juice of half a lemon in a bowl.
2. Add about 1/4th cup of aloevera juice to this. You can add or reduce the quantity depending on your hair length. This is enough for shoulder length hair. Since it is difficult to squeeze out aloevera gel from the leaf regularly, I prefer using an aloevera juice available in the market.
3. You can also add few drops of your favorite essential oil to this to get a great fragrance as well.
4. Mix all the ingredients well together.
5. Apply the mixture on your hair and keep it for 5 minutes. Then rinse off with water.
The best part of this natural conditioner is that it won't make your hair greasy. It is very easy to make and takes little time. You can, in fact, keep a bottle of aloevera juice near the shower and just add lemon juice to it and your conditioner is ready.
For an easy fix, you can mix the aloevera juice with your shampoo and wash your hair. You can also use the aloevera juice as a last rinse by diluting it with water and keeping it on hair for 2-3 mins and then washing it off. Regular use of aloevera will definitely give you trouble free hair.

Last edited by Kathy13118; 12-16-2014 at 05:21 PM. Reason: removed links