Notices
View Poll Results: Why do you eat popcorn?
Mainly because it tends to be a healthy snack
27.59%
Mainly because I just like it; not really concerned with it being a healthy
72.41%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

All things POPCORN!

Old 11-28-2011, 02:13 AM
FitDay Member

Whoa i posted mine without looking at your reply, VitoVino! You have great taste :-)
Old 11-28-2011, 06:28 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by LisaShank986
Whoa i posted mine without looking at your reply, VitoVino! You have great taste :-)
Great minds think alike!
Old 11-29-2011, 01:11 AM
FitDay Member

The only other way I eat my popcorn, is when I want a special treat, I use a bit of white truffle oil and some salt.... it's absolutely amazing. Just be careful how much truffle oil you put on! But you don't need much, since the taste is pretty strong :-)
Old 11-29-2011, 11:24 AM
FitDay Member

cant believe its not butter spar and LOTS of nutritional yeast!!! i dont always sprinkle it though since i love it so much. i get a little ramiken and dip my kernels in the yeast before i pop it in my mouth so that every bite has some! mmmmm.... i didnt know anything about nutritional yeast and had stopped using it because someone told me that it will bloat you up pretty bad. so i thought, hell i dont need any help in the bloated department so put it away. does anyone know if that is really a problem?
Old 11-29-2011, 12:13 PM
FitDay Member

No, nutritional yeast doesn't "bloat" anyone. It's not like regular yeast, it's deactivated, meaning it's not going to grow/multiply the way regular yeast does. All the reading I've done on it and I've never seen anything negative. It's totally healthy, so enjoy!
Old 11-30-2011, 04:16 AM
FitDay Member

wooohooo!!! *does the happy dance* imma go out and buy some TODAY!!! and im gonna put it on everything!! lol.. heck, i may have just found out how to up my protein(which is almost nothing)!! Vito i could just hug you!!! you made me day!!! lol
Old 11-30-2011, 07:41 AM
FitDay Member

Dude, I love nutritional yeast on popcorn - have for years! What stops me though, is that I like a lot of it, and as far as I can tell, it has a not insignificant amount of calories.
Old 12-04-2011, 01:38 AM
FitDay Member

If I want good popcorn... i pop it in the pan on the stove in canola oil, then just salt. If I just want to "have" some popcorn, i use the air popper and shake Parmesan cheese on it. I REALLY like popcorn with butter, but I REALLY like it, so that usually means two tablespoons of butter... and that isn't good for me.
Old 01-28-2012, 07:08 AM
FitDay Member

Question Question

I've got a question about Spray butters. I'm a big fan of I Can't Believe It's Not Butter spray because it's got great butter taste and yet is low in calories:

http://www.fitday.com/fitness/FoodVi...53-4E62CFB11-c

I recently tried Kernal Seasons Popcorn Spritzer (butter flavored spray) and it was OK, but not that much butter flavor. And for a small 2.5 ounce can it was expensive.

But I like the idea of spray butters. Has anyone tried different brands and found one to be better butter tasting than the others? Examples: Pam, Crisco, Great Value (Walmart), etc.

I'm basically asking this same question which was never answered:

Originally Posted by Kydilee
Is it worth it to spend the money on a more expensive brand?
Thanks!

Vito

Last edited by VitoVino; 01-28-2012 at 07:14 AM.
Old 01-29-2012, 11:09 AM
FitDay Member

This might not be the most healthy way. I am not sure which oil would be the best, someone said canola.

I take a pot and pour a little vegetable oil in it.
Pour in a few kernels.
Pop like always.
Here is the key: Crushed sea salt. A salt grinder to grind up sea salt makes all the difference.

Let me know about the oil part.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.