FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Food talk (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/food-talk/)
-   -   Forks over Knives (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/food-talk/5321-forks-over-knives.html)

ZoeDuc 09-25-2011 06:00 AM

Forks over Knives

And Food Inc. Just ordered these dvds. :)

Anyone see them? A friend highly recommended them.

Forks Over Knives - Official Trailer - YouTube

Food Inc - Official Trailer [HD] - YouTube

VitoVino 09-25-2011 10:47 AM

Haven't seen the DVD's, but they both look forking good! :D

Thanks for posting the links... very interesting.

ZoeDuc 09-26-2011 01:06 AM

no prob I think they look good too. :)

jbantau 10-01-2011 11:36 AM

My husband and I just finished the documentary on Netflix yesterday. Awesome information. I'm hoping this is a catalyst for a better healthier lifestyle for us. I called and recommended it to my parents and sisters! It doesn't sell you anything and it doesn't dumb down the science too much. Great video.

AmericanSalt 10-02-2011 03:04 PM

It was wonderful!

But they seem to avoid using the word vegetarian and vegan as much as posible, but it clear that's what their advocating.

tandoorichicken 12-16-2011 10:46 AM

I think to balance Forks Over Knives, Fat Head needs to be on this list also. Quite thought provoking while keeping things light-hearted. :)

Fat Head

(I would put a YouTube link but I'm blocked from accessing it at work)

Lisssssa 12-26-2011 12:25 AM

I actually saw the premiere of the movie at the Museum of Science before it hit theaters! I was excited for the movie after reading 'The China Study', so I was anticipating it for a year or so before it came out.

I made a bunch of my friends come with me, and we all had the same thoughts on the movie. First, yes, they avoid vegan and vegetarian. This is because a lot of strings come with saying the word "vegan"- not consuming any animal products including clothing, concern over animal feelings, whatever other stereotypes/opinions/other things that those words suggest. Instead, they use a "whole foods, plant-based diet" which is much more what they are saying- it is just healthier to eat plant-based foods. I think they wanted to make clear that their scope was much smaller than the word "vegan" implies.

I much preferred reading "The China Study", because I'm much more science-based. I thought the documentary was geared more towards the average consumer, and was a bit melodramatic and vague at times. But after reading "The China Study" first, I knew that what they were saying was correct, I'm just not sure I would have believed it entirely if I was seeing the movie without any other background info.

Enjoy though! I am a bit supporter of this movement and I think the health benefits are fantastic :-)