FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (/fitness/forums/)
-   Food talk (http://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/food-talk/)
-   -   Blueberry Salad (http://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/food-talk/5075-blueberry-salad.html)

snafuken 08-26-2011 09:21 PM

Blueberry Salad

I've never tried this ,but I put fresh blueberries in my salad I had for dinner tonight. Realy enjoyed the taste .
Funny, as I've never been a big salad person but I've kinda been craving them lately. :)

VitoVino 08-26-2011 09:54 PM

That sounds interesting. What kind of dressing did you use? I'd think that makes a big difference in how the blueberries taste.

Sunflower seeds are a good addition to a salad as well.

snafuken 08-26-2011 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VitoVino (Post 55028)
That sounds interesting. What kind of dressing did you use? I'd think that makes a big difference in how the blueberries taste.

Sunflower seeds are a good addition to a salad as well.

I used Ranch.
I've used sunflower seeds as well. Like em...

Rubystars 08-27-2011 01:44 PM

I've been eating a lot of blueberries lately they're really delicious! I'm glad you liked them in your salad, they're definitely healthier than croutons!

Rubystars 09-08-2011 04:21 PM

There's a melon sold at Sam's called Lemon Drop melon. That tastes good cut up into salad too. It looks like a cantaloupe on the outside but a honeydew on the inside. I usually log it as a honeydew.

kag123 09-10-2011 02:31 AM

Salad with Blueberries, strawberris feta or Blue cheese with a little rasberry or cranberry vinegrette is absolutely fabulous...and low cal.

Ranch is deadly with calories........:eek:

Jbutterwick 09-27-2011 08:17 PM

I have used dried cranberries in salads also. For salads with fruit I have taken a poppyseed dressing and cut it with some lime juice. It goes further with less fat this way and is delicious on a salad with most any fruit.