Notices

For those who like pasta

Old 06-26-2011, 01:35 PM
FitDay Member

Default For those who like pasta

Use whole grain pasta with this and it will become pretty healthy. And believe me it's delicious.
For two people:
1/2 onion chopped
1/2 green bell pepper sliced
1 pkg dry pesto sauce
1 cup penne noodles
Old 06-27-2011, 02:32 PM
FitDay Member

WOW, that looks incredible! Any idea on the calories?
Old 06-27-2011, 02:58 PM
FitDay Member

Probably somewhere around 600 depending on how much pasta/pesto you use. I think that was around 1 cup of dry pasta and half a cup of pesto.

Use olive oil to cook the onions and peppers (it's pretty healthy for you & doesn't add much for calories) that's what I used.

Also you can add chicken into it if you want a little protein. It's actually pretty filling by itself though (and delicious).

Oh also I used regular pasta, you can use Whole Grain and cut it even more.

Last edited by bmkess; 06-27-2011 at 03:04 PM.
Old 06-29-2011, 02:23 PM
FitDay Member

Default whole wheat vs white

love the sound of this, yum!! not to mention it looks fantastic.

I do think this recipe would lend itself very well to whole wheat pasta. Tossing/cooking whole wheat pasta w olive oil, garlic, veggies, etc is how i like it.

for tomato based sauces i use regular white pasta. i personally dislike spaghetti w whole wheat pasta.

There probably will be 1-2 meals at my home this summer with pasta. It is just so hot, I'm not really into boiling a pot of water on the stove.

I love to cook and bake (well here again I prob won't be baking bread/muffins until fall). Glad to see there are other fitday members that share my culinary interest
Old 07-10-2011, 05:10 AM
FitDay Member

I really love pasta, but I have a real problem with portion control. I like the pasta so much, that I tend to eat way too much at one sitting. It is one of my "trigger" foods that may bring on a binge. The photo does look very good!