What just happened?  Why did I eat that? >

What just happened? Why did I eat that?

Community
Notices

What just happened? Why did I eat that?

Old 06-22-2011, 09:31 AM
FitDay Member

Default Peanut Butter - It's a Love/Hate thing

Damn that peanut butter. Got me again last night. I should not be watching the Food Network, even though it was Chopped and they have weird foods. Still makes me want to nosh.

I really thought I had thwarted the peanut butter demon earlier in the day. I'd taken the grandkids to the park, packed a picnic lunch. Peanut butter & jelly sandwiches, oranges, and lemonade for them. Sliced chicken, cucumber, celery & pepper strips, apple slices, & water for me. When the not so hungry 5 yr old handed me her 1/4 eaten sandwich I took just one little lick, and then snapped out of it. A family of squirrels and some crows were happy to get the leftovers. I was proud of my resolve.

But later on, the notion of that peanut butter would not get out of my head. I ended up caving in and eating a piece of toast with gobs of it slathered on. Really. Not. Good... since I suspect a gluten intolerance and generally avoid all breads. ugh

I don't get me sometimes.
Old 07-15-2011, 05:38 AM
FitDay Member

Default Why was I even looking at that rack?

The trail mix bags - three for five, and I had a dollar off coupon. I bought three, and was pleased only 110 calories per serving, yeah but five servings per bag! I poured a fifth into a bowl, and left the rest by the coffee machine, hoping others would devour it, now I hear it calling ...

Stay away - you'll feel good about this week - go drink water instead (even though you have to walk past it to get your water) - ....

I left this up, so I could report that I am back to my desk, with a full glass and no more trail mix!

Abby
Old 07-15-2011, 11:03 AM
FitDay Member

I find logging everything on fitday helps me to be able to stick with it fairly easily. I mean if I can't weigh or measure what I'm eating how can I log it? Like with strawberries what I'll do is I'll wash them, cut out the pieces I don't want on them like the stem at the top, then weigh them on the food scale and log them as ounces. I do this with vegetables too. To me eating nuts or trail mix or whatever would involve weighing the amount to get the correct serving size or number of serving sizes so I could log the calories correctly or as close as possible.

Some foods have to be estimated, like the vegetable kabobs from Kroger, but they have a marinade in them so even though the vegetables themselves probably don't have a lot of calories I have to estimate a higher amount to account for the marinade.

The point of this is that it eliminates mindless eating. If I ate that bag of potato chips for example, I'd have to go in and make a custom food for it in fit day and then log the nutrition facts for the package.
Old 07-29-2011, 09:06 AM
FitDay Member

Default Something about being alone in the office

My boss left early, and the cashew were calling... Yes, I sucumbed, they were yummy, and I could snack worse, took two at a time, an did about six trips. So, that's 12 cashews, I could do worse, but I didn't need them for hunger, it's amost because no one will catch me that I think I can, but no one wants to catch me....only I will know - that should be enough!

Abby
Old 09-09-2011, 05:24 AM
FitDay Member

Default Forgive me forum, for I have sinned

For some reason, I kept eating these gross onion flavored crackers I bought at the supermarket in Chinatown (I went in looking for some simple accompaniment for my lunch salad), they were oily, over salted, over packaged, and I kept eating.

I had a beautiful salad with local veggies and a boiled egg all set for lunch, and a banana for dessert, but I had to eat about a million crackers (OK, I'd bet it was 10, serving size is 3, and that has 90 calories).

My stomach feels gross, some things are worth the calories, others are not, these weren't but I kept eating....
Old 09-09-2011, 05:39 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by dear_abby
For some reason, I kept eating these gross onion flavored crackers I bought at the supermarket in Chinatown (I went in looking for some simple accompaniment for my lunch salad), they were oily, over salted, over packaged, and I kept eating.

I had a beautiful salad with local veggies and a boiled egg all set for lunch, and a banana for dessert, but I had to eat about a million crackers (OK, I'd bet it was 10, serving size is 3, and that has 90 calories).

My stomach feels gross, some things are worth the calories, others are not, these weren't but I kept eating....
It's so easy to do! I specifically keep things like this far away from me. I don't get tempted too often, but it does happen. I bring my lunch and that is what I eat, period. Just way to easy to allow extra calories to creep in.

Regards,
Michael
Old 09-09-2011, 06:23 AM
Super Moderator

I agree, it is way too easy to do.

Sometimes when it's particularly bad, I make it a goal to come post or do a journal entry before I eat anything that's not on my plan.
Old 09-21-2011, 07:35 AM
FitDay Member

Default Office Lunch, yuck

So, we were having a meeting, and the menu went round, I deliberately ordered the veggie wrap with avacado, swiss, lettuce, and tomato. The Avacado guided my decision. It came with chicken, and no avacado. It was awful, and yet, I ate the whole thing, then nibbled at the giant cookie. And now, I feel yucky - why didn't I say "no thank you", and eat a nice salad (I could have even ordered one instead, of course, they probably would have sent macaroni and cheese instead!)

Abby
Old 09-22-2011, 12:16 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by LisaAnnie
But later on, the notion of that peanut butter would not get out of my head. I ended up caving in and eating a piece of toast with gobs of it slathered on. Really. Not. Good... since I suspect a gluten intolerance and generally avoid all breads. ugh

I don't get me sometimes.
You should try PB2 - It's Powdered Peanut Butter, I mix it in my protein shakes in the morning for Peanut Butter Satisfaction, or you can mix some up - less calories and less fat than regular peanut butter, but definitely takes care of the cravings
Old 09-23-2011, 01:23 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Jennybeeb
You should try PB2 - It's Powdered Peanut Butter, I mix it in my protein shakes in the morning for Peanut Butter Satisfaction, or you can mix some up - less calories and less fat than regular peanut butter, but definitely takes care of the cravings

Whoa! Powdered peanut butter! Never heard of it, just googled it. Amazing! I've gotta try this. I like the idea of mixing it with a protein shake. Thanks for the tip!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.