What just happened?  Why did I eat that? >

What just happened? Why did I eat that?

Community
Notices

What just happened? Why did I eat that?

Old 04-24-2011, 05:28 AM
FitDay Member

Happy Easter everyone.
Of course the Easter bunny came last night and bring us lots of chocolate. I have 2 small dark chocolate eggs (6eggs=220 cals). I have been good. I passed the pizza last night. I had 2 chocolate eggs this morning. And I am really in control at the Dimsum.
Yay,
Mai
Old 04-25-2011, 01:50 AM
FitDay Member

Wow, I could have written your post myself. I do the same thing and it just makes me so mad afterwards. I get bored at work, there's plenty of work to do, but sometimes it is boring. I try and keep myself "armed" at work by keeping 1 oz. baggies of nuts in my drawer (and of course, try not to eat four bags at a time ), yogurt or cottage cheese in the fridge, some cut up veggies and hummus, or some fresh fruit on my desk. That seems to help, so even if I eat some or all of those things on "boring" days, they are all pretty good and not a lot of calories, fat, sodium, etc.

Then I make it through the day and deal with the same thing at home. I ask my husband to put snacks away, out of sight. If I don't see them, I'm ok, but once I see them, they bother me and call me till I give in. LOL So, I have turned back to some hobbies in the evening like knitting or quilting and even some larger cleaning projects (like the basement, my closet, etc.) to keep myself busy.
Old 04-26-2011, 01:13 PM
FitDay Member

I can do the same thing, just munching out since there are tortilla chips and pretzels most of the time in the office. Never mind all the salt. But what I have been doing is bringing in plain air popped white popcorn to munch on when I get the urge. I usually fill up quick and there is not a whole lot of calories.
Old 05-14-2011, 10:44 PM
FitDay Member

I'm retired now, but think if I had to do it over, I would plan really healthy snacks and bring them myself to share. Also bring portable, vegetables like carrots in a plastic bag with a high protein dip like refried beans, and sour cream - both non-fat. Filling and makes a good mix.
Old 05-14-2011, 10:46 PM
FitDay Member

How did they get in your car. Hope they melt
Old 05-15-2011, 01:47 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by [email protected]
How did they get in your car. Hope they melt
I bought them and hid them in there; my son asked for only two kinds of candy this year, so I put those and some jelly bellys in his basket, along with healthy treats like homemade granola bars, jerky, small gift cards, etc.

It worked out well.

Ad they didn't melt.

I have to say, using the FitDay (or any other) journal to journal the situation, reasons, and emotions that are going on when I eat has helped me this week avoid a lot of mindless snacking. The more I think, the better I do!
Old 06-06-2011, 08:14 AM
FitDay Member

Default I am not going to touch those potato chips....

which someone left in the office lunch room - a nice single serving bag, and no one is around to see me gobble it, but I'll know, and I won't like it - water will be better.

I repeat - I am not going to touch those potato chips. I am not hungry, I am bored, I should be working, not thinking about potato chips. I will drink water - off I go to drink it. When I leave today, that bag of chips will still be on the shelf...

Abby
Old 06-06-2011, 08:36 AM
FitDay Member

Stay strong Abby! They're probably stale anyway...and crushed into little pieces...and have bugs....
Old 06-06-2011, 09:18 AM
FitDay Member

Default That worked

Thanks Nottango - I have no desire to find out if you are right about the contents of that bag on the shelf!

I'm heading home now, where I'll make spaghetti squash with marinara sauce and shrimp, nice green salad - yum!

Abby
Old 06-21-2011, 03:12 AM
FitDay Member

This is how it is all the time where I work. Thank God, that about five months ago I accepted a new position that put me working with the customers that come to pick up food products from our warehouse instead of in the customer service building. In the customer service building there is a test kitchen. And OMG they cook up stuff like two-three times a week to display to potential customers. What they don't eat, they then put out for a free for all fat fest in the lunch room. Luckily since I moved up here, I don't have to deal with that temptation anymore. But when I go for my afternoon walk I get to smell all that they are cooking out the kitchen vent that I walk past!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.