Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > FOOD > Food talk
Roasted red pepper/mushrooms/feta cheese, nummy!! >

Roasted red pepper/mushrooms/feta cheese, nummy!!

Community
Notices

Roasted red pepper/mushrooms/feta cheese, nummy!!

Old 04-04-2011, 07:46 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Smile Roasted red pepper/mushrooms/feta cheese, nummy!!

Here is a simple snack or meal add on. I heat up my George Forman grill and put portabello or other med to large size mushroom pieces on it to cook about 5-10 min (check them), I don't use oil but you could. When they are cooked thru put them on a plate, close together, lay 1 roasted red pepper (from a jar or you cook your own) on top and break feta cheese all over it. I heat it in the microwave on high for 30 seconds and voilà!! It is super colorful and meaty and satisfying to nosh on.

I buy a bottle of pickled roasted red peppers in the pickle aisle for about 6.00 Canadian and a container of goat feta cheese for the same, 6.00. I use whatever mushrooms look best, sometimes portabello sometimes white 'button' . If you are new to feta cheese be sure to dump the water it comes in and refresh the tub every second day or so to keep it fresh.