Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > FOOD > Food talk
Tilapia ideas? >

Tilapia ideas?

Community
Notices

Tilapia ideas?

Old 03-02-2011, 09:33 AM
FitDay Member

I am making it tonight and can hardly wait!! It's not helping that I ate lunch with the toddlers at 11:30, and it is past 5:30 now. I really am not used to eating this much later! But thats for another time, another thread. I decided to put a dab of EVOO on tin foil and sprinkled some salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper on them. I bought a frozen tilapia in the whole food section once that was a crushed red pepper kind of tilapia. We shall see what happens. Maybe I should cook it a second time before rating it, as right now I could eat cardboard and be very very content.

Tina
Old 03-07-2011, 10:54 PM
Banned

Tina, how did it go?
Old 03-18-2011, 07:25 AM
FitDay Member

It went well. I have been eating lots more fish. I took some to work with me the other day to make for lunch. And I didn't have my own stuff to season it. And found I REALLY like paprika on the tilapia. And get this, this last Sunday my friends threw a launch lunch for me. (launching my missions trip. I shared from the pulpit), and a friend made and served, SALMON. Which I sooo dislike. But I loved how she prepared it. So I got her recipe, and bought some salmon. I am getting pretty fishy lately.

Tina
Old 03-18-2011, 07:56 AM
FitDay Member

Default Tilapia

I eat Tilapia all the time because it doesn't taste fishy. Recently I've just been seasoning it with a premade fish seasoning mix and grilling on the george forman grill. It's good. No oil or anything, the grill gives it a little crispy edge that I like. But it tends to stick slightly so I just have to make sure I use a spatula to take it off.
Old 03-18-2011, 08:37 AM
FitDay Member

I really need to get a George Forman grill. My boss has one, and she loves it.
Old 03-18-2011, 01:27 PM
FitDay Member

This is a very good recipe. My husband who did not like bake fish, has to admit that he love it. You can opmit the butter for lower cals.

Bake tilapia (very good)
Ingredients
• Butter cooking spray
• 4 (6 to 8-ounce) tilapia fillets
• Salt and freshly cracked black pepper
• 1 lime, finely grated zest and juice
• 2 tablespoons butter
Directions
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a large cast iron pan with a nonstick butter spray.
Rinse fish and pat dry; place on the prepared baking sheet. Season each fillet with salt, cracked pepper, lime zest and lime juice. Add fish to the pan. Place a pat of butter on each fillet and cook in the oven for 8 to 12 minutes
Old 03-18-2011, 10:16 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by TheNannyTina
I really need to get a George Forman grill. My boss has one, and she loves it.
The GF grill is great. I have the small one but I think the bigger one would be great if you're cooking for more than one person. It cooks quickly and a lot of the grease/fat drains off which is what you want.

Regards,
Michael
Old 03-19-2011, 04:16 AM
FitDay Member

I would probably get the small one, since I live alone, and normally the meals I share is with the toddlers at work.
Old 03-29-2011, 12:55 PM
FitDay Member

Default So easy. Don't tell what it is

Take some fat free Caesar Salad dressing and brush the pan and top of Tilapia with it. Don't let the heat go too high.

My son begs me to make this for him (he's 12).
Old 03-31-2011, 01:38 AM
FitDay Member

I make cajun honey talapia. I sprinkle cajun seasoning on the fillet and pop it in the broiler and flip it after a couple of minutes. Just before it is done I drizzly a couple of tablespoons of honey on it and finish broiling it. Yummy!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.