Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > FOOD > Food talk
Pizza Hut has an awesome choice for low calories! >

Pizza Hut has an awesome choice for low calories!

Notices

Pizza Hut has an awesome choice for low calories!

Old 02-28-2011, 01:52 AM
FitDay Member

Default Pizza Hut has an awesome choice for low calories!

So this weekend, my husband's dad and step mom celebrated their anniversary by inviting us all to Pizza Hut. I knew that I wanted to keep to my calorie limit so before we went I looked up online to see what I could eat. I found that Pizza Hut has these pizzas called Fit-N-Delicious pizzas. You can choose between ham or chicken and different veggies. They make it with thin crust, extra sauce, light low fat cheese, and then your toppings. I ordered a Fit-N-Delicious pizza with half of it being chicken, onion, green pepper, mushroom, and olives, and the other half being cheese for my kids (that is their favorite kind). It was SOOOOOOOOOOO good! I was very impressed! I also had a salad with no dressing, just extra veggies to liven up the taste. I ate one slice of the pizza and took the other 3 slices home for leftovers as no one would try the pizza! So anyways, online I learned that one slice of the Fit N Delicious pizza with chicken, green pepper, and onion is 180 calories. I wasn't sure how many calories the mushrooms and olives would add at the time, but I really wanted those veggies. A regular slice of pepperoni pizza is 360 calories; although it does vary depending on which crust you get. Anyways, I was so impressed with myself. We had 6 adults and five kids eating and they ordered two large lovers pizzas and I ordered my large pizza. They also ordered 1 family order of breadsticks and 1 family order of cheese sticks. I walked out eating one slice of my pizza, a salad, and one cheese stick and I did not feel like I deprived myself at all and I ate 1/4 of the calories that some of the others ate. When I wanted to order the Fit N Delicious pizza, the waitress had not ever heard of it, so I went up and asked the manager if they make it, he said it isn't technically on their menu but that he knew what it was. So when they put in the order, he had to stand back there and tell them how to make it. I guess no one had ever ordered one there before. i thought they might be upset that I was ordering one, but then I decided it didn't matter. If they have the ingredients to make it, they need to satisfy the customer, right??!?!?!??!??! Anyways, if you ever go to Pizza Hut, you should try it!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-28-2011, 02:01 AM
FitDay Member

Sounds great! Next time i'm craving pizza..i'll try that!
Old 03-02-2011, 01:39 PM
FitDay Member

When I get a craving for pizza I get it without cheese. As long as the toppings are veges and maybe a little ham or chicken the calorie count is not that bad. I really don't miss the cheese. When I tell people about it they think I am crazy but at least I can get my fix without all the guilt. My husband does not think its that bad but he does order his with cheese. We just make sure to order smalls so were not tempted to eat too much. I try to stick to two slices, one just wont do it for me. Also, thin crust is the way to go if you want pizza less calories than the carb loaded deep dish.
Old 03-02-2011, 11:03 PM
FitDay Member

I live in a fairly small town, but it's large enough to have a Pizza Hut. So in the same situation as you (only a birthday party) I too looked on-line and found the "Fit & Delicious" pizza, and was excited by the possibility. Only guess what? It wasn't on the menu, they didn't have the faintest idea what I was talking about, and when I showed them the print out from the website, the waitress said, "Oh that nasty thing, we took it off the menu years ago, nobody ordered it". And that's when I took a good long look around me and realized that even at nearly double my idea weight, I was the smallest adult in the place, wait staff included. So I don't live in a small town, I live in a fat town with a small population. I'm glad that you were able to order one in your town, hopefully it will catch on and be available here soon. Believe me, this place could use some lower calorie options...