FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Food talk (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/food-talk/)
-   -   What are you eating... (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/food-talk/3146-what-you-eating.html)

vabeachgirlNYC 01-24-2011 02:33 PM

What are you eating...

right now? :D

I am eating a cup of egg whites, cheese, lots of spices and WAY too much hot sauce all wrapped up in a soft tortilla. YUMMMY! :p

cjohnson728 01-24-2011 02:35 PM

a pear (great for fiber!)

Kay_in_PA 01-24-2011 02:46 PM

A golden delicious apple and cinnamon roasted almonds.

vabeachgirlNYC 01-24-2011 02:49 PM

I love pears! I will have to pick some up next time I force myself to do the dreaded food shopping... I have a ton of really good dark Florida oranges from my neighbor that I am trying to eat!

mtlgirl 01-24-2011 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by Kay_in_PA (Post 33453)
A golden delicious apple and cinnamon roasted almonds.

I love cinnamon! Did you make those almonds yourself... if so do you mind sharing the recipe? :)

vabeachgirlNYC 01-24-2011 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by mtlgirl (Post 33456)
I love cinnamon! Did you make those almonds yourself... if so do you mind sharing the recipe? :)

X2! :D

I'm allergic to nuts but I roast garbanzo beans with garlic powder to make my own nuts, never thought about putting cinnamon on them! :confused:

Kay_in_PA 01-25-2011 12:04 AM

Hmmm . . . I hadn't considered the homemade option but I'll have to try it since the cinnamon almonds get pricey when I can't find them on sale with a coupon. :)

They are Emerald brand nuts, and they sell in an 11 oz green plastic canister or in 100 calorie packs. If I'm eating them out of the canister I carefully count out a portion and put the canister AWAY because they are so good that strict portion control is necessary. They also make the dark cocoa roast almonds which are also very good, but not as delicious with an apple. :D

canary52 01-25-2011 01:44 AM

Homemade protein shake:
1 c soy milk
6 strawberries
1 t vanilla extract
1/3 c soy protein powder
1/2 pack stevia
4 ice cubes

I've seen the flavored almond packs. So they are good? I buy the plain ones. You guys are so good, making your own stuff!

mecompco 01-25-2011 01:47 AM

Just finishing a nice banana, which I have most work days around 9:30--along with some water keeps me going till lunch time.

Regards,
Michael

gmantych 01-25-2011 03:01 AM

Just ate cottage cheese with some strawberries out of my freezer. Very good, but reading about all these almonds, I want something crunchy now!! :D

nellebop 01-25-2011 03:09 AM

I am drinking water, trying to stay away from the cookie jar, it has not been my friend lately.

almeeker 01-25-2011 04:28 AM

I just finished lunch, it was leftover "Smothered Steak soup". I made it in the crock pot yesterday. It's sort of like French onion soup (minus the 3 cheeses blended into traditional French onion) but it has mushrooms and grilled steak as well as caramelized onions. I serve it over toasted whole wheat bread cubes and low fat cheese.

lastri 01-25-2011 05:29 AM

Have a bolw of elbow pasta in a clear broth soup with pork and fish ball and a cup of carrot and peas. That is my lunch.

sw07 01-25-2011 06:57 AM

Just snacked on 1/2 cup low fat cottage cheese w/ pineapple....still hungry tho....

mchedester 01-25-2011 08:15 AM

turkey sausage and lentil soup. it doesn't sound good, but it is!

canary52 01-25-2011 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by mchedester (Post 33577)
turkey sausage and lentil soup. it doesn't sound good, but it is!

Actually, it does sound good.Plus I love soup!

rainbow24 01-25-2011 10:18 AM

I had breakfast 8 hours ago and lunch 3 hours ago. No need for more food right now, so I will have some water.

I will have to have a snack before I go out, so I will probably choose plain yogurt and mix it with home canned blueberries.

Tonight is take out night, so I will have a Wendy's salad with half the dressing.

cjohnson728 01-25-2011 10:46 AM

Just finished dinner: modified shrimp scampi...shrimp sauteed in a little olive oil and butter blend (1/2 T each), fresh garlic and basil, juice of half a lemon, plus paprika and red pepper flakes. Had it with brown rice, green salad, & fresh fruit salad.

vabeachgirlNYC 01-25-2011 04:24 PM

I just finished a tofurky w/mustard sandwich.

jewelrymaker 01-25-2011 08:00 PM

Just finished two thin slices of cracked wheat bread with no-cal butter spray. Fresh out of the new breadmaker machine. Mmm!

kcolville 01-25-2011 11:51 PM

i am currently drinking my big chug of water and just took some frozen cut up peaches out of the freezer... now i am slowly eating those. The frozen fruit tastes so good cold and crisp plus takes longer to eat :)

williamscouple 01-26-2011 02:04 AM

Just finished breakfast. Egg white and ham on a whole grain english muffin.

Albie@round 01-26-2011 02:31 AM

Treated myself to a high protein scramble this morning
Sautee together 1/2 diced onion, 3 oz diced turkey breast, 1/4 cup salsa, black pepper
Let that fry up awhile (add a little water to prevent sticking)
After that cooks down a bit, add in 4 egg whites and stir gently to combine
When the omelet firms up, turn off the heat, lay on top a nice slice of low fat cheese
(I used Swiss this morning) Cover with a pot lid for a few minutes while the cheese melts..........Breakfast is served with a nice black coffee on the side :)

281 total tasty cals----6.3g fat- 14g carb and 39.8g of protein
Also good if you add in diced green pepper, jalapeno or habanero!
Vamos a comer, mis amigos!

mecompco 01-26-2011 02:51 AM

Originally Posted by Albie@round (Post 33663)
Treated myself to a high protein scramble this morning
Sautee together 1/2 diced onion, 3 oz diced turkey breast, 1/4 cup salsa, black pepper
Let that fry up awhile (add a little water to prevent sticking)
After that cooks down a bit, add in 4 egg whites and stir gently to combine
When the omelet firms up, turn off the heat, lay on top a nice slice of low fat cheese
(I used Swiss this morning) Cover with a pot lid for a few minutes while the cheese melts..........Breakfast is served with a nice black coffee on the side :)

Albie, that sounds great--I love omelets. I like a little cheese and salsa in mine, though the turkey sounds good too. I've never tried egg whites--during the week I use generic egg beaters and on the weekends real eggs.

In about 10 minutes I'm having my lunch. Today it is 2 oz of steak cubed up on a slice of provolone cheese on light wheat bread w/mustard and dill pickles with a low cal/no fat blueberry yogurt for dessert. Yum!

Regards,
Michael

canary52 01-26-2011 03:16 AM

Now? Everything in sight. It's 11am. Already I have had a whole wheat English muffin, a fabulous plain omelet. Then an hour or two later, I ate leftovers from last night, which is the meal I want to talk about. I made broiled shrimp and scallops with garlic and herbs, herbed couscous with almonds and dried cranberries and a wonderful orange infused chili bean and pureed squash dish-yummy!

I have just eaten the leftover shrimp and scallops-cold- plus 3 strawberries. I opened up a bag of very disappointing Mission figlets and ate one- they are going back (yeah right I'll probably toss them.) I am contemplating the dark chocolate I hide in my bookshelves.

Stop me before I eat again!!!

Can we say irritable husband with bad back, demanding child, oncoming snow day, cabin fever? Hey that is a mouthful...speaking of mouthfuls...where is that chocolate?

vabeachgirlNYC 01-26-2011 06:01 AM

Now I want chocolate!:mad: OMG, are Cadbury eggs out yet?!!!:eek: And whatever happened to girl scout cookies? I don't think we have them here anymore.:(

I was lazy so I just a frozen egg breakfast w/veggie sausage and coffee.:p

430cals 15fat 38carbs 35protein for the day so far.

cjohnson728 01-26-2011 06:23 AM

Hope. Take a deep breath. Meditate...even better.

Tell yourself you're in control now, and you can always stop before it gets worse. I had to do this myself last night and sure enough I didn't wake up all groggy and bloated and depressed. Well, I was groggy, but that was because of not enough sleep.

You can always choose right now to start being good again.

Oh, and I just ate a fiber bar. Needed chocolate myself and that was the best choice :p.

williamscouple 01-26-2011 06:24 AM

Originally Posted by vabeachgirlNYC (Post 33698)
Now I want chocolate!:mad: OMG, are Cadbury eggs out yet?!!!:eek: And whatever happened to girl scout cookies? I don't think we have them here anymore.:(

I was lazy so I just a frozen egg breakfast w/veggie sausage and coffee.:p

430cals 15fat 38carbs 35protein for the day so far.

OMG Cadbury eggs are out!!! And I have avoided any place that has them. Most people either love them or hate them. Unfortunately, I fall under the love category. But must be strong!! Also dodged the girl scout cookies this year. yay!

Lizzycritter 01-26-2011 07:06 AM

I did really well with Cadbury eggs last year, only had two. They call out to me...

At the moment I have 2 celery stalks and a glass of water, and it tastes really good. Fresh crunchy celery is a good stress reliever for me, and it leaves my mouth feeling clean : ) Looking forward to dinner, fake fried pork chops (baked with a spicy cornflake coating), green beans, and still deciding on a side dish. Home fries maybe if the potatoes are still good. I haven't cooked "real" food in days.

canary52 01-26-2011 07:12 AM

Originally Posted by cjohnson728 (Post 33703)
Hope. Take a deep breath. Meditate...even better.

Tell yourself you're in control now, and you can always stop before it gets worse. I had to do this myself last night and sure enough I didn't wake up all groggy and bloated and depressed. Well, I was groggy, but that was because of not enough sleep.

You can always choose right now to start being good again.

Oh, and I just ate a fiber bar. Needed chocolate myself and that was the best choice :p.

Darling, if only you got to me before I got to the chocolate. But I did not eat it all! I had some and locked the rest in my desk. In a locked drawer. With a key, which I unfortunatly have. I am still hungry. But not for chocolate. Probably for peace and sleep and spring.

Cadbury Eggs not my thing. Non dairy dark chocolate for me. Oh and sour straws. Love me my sour straws. At the movies. With the disgusting movie popcorn. Yum.

vabeachgirlNYC 01-26-2011 07:19 AM

Originally Posted by williamscouple (Post 33705)
OMG Cadbury eggs are out!!! And I have avoided any place that has them. Most people either love them or hate them. Unfortunately, I fall under the love category. But must be strong!! Also dodged the girl scout cookies this year. yay!

I need to find a girl scout! I want a thin mint sooo bad!:mad:

I only eat the cream in the regular Cadbury egg since I don't like milk chocolate. If they made it in a dark chocolate I would be in big time trouble!:eek:

ETA: Uggg, the closest thing I have to junk food is sugar free mint gum...trying really hard to pretend it's chocolate...

quinnesec 01-26-2011 08:31 AM

My new "go to" lunch-

Italian flatout wrap (90 cals.) with a slice of deli turkey, lettuce, tomato, banana peppers sliced into spirals and a very small side of FF Ranch to dip it in. YUM!

quinn

canary52 01-26-2011 10:47 AM

OMG the most amazing fish fajitas ever, joint effort between DH and me. Though he pulled out his back, he marinated the grilled sea bass (AMAZING marinade with tamarind sauce I believe) and I seasoned the sauteed veg (red peppers and onions with cumin and oregano and parsley caramelized to perfection.) We put the fish and veg in wraps (mine was whole wheat low carb) with guacamole and jalapeno peppers. Restaurant quality. No need for cheese or even salsa or pico de gallo; it was that tasty. So I managed to stay away from my two allergies: dairy and tomatoes. Amazing food. Really. I am still smacking my lips. it was like great sex in a fajita shell. Yum.

MunaAmin 01-27-2011 02:58 AM

sweet potatoe soup with courgette and shrimp

quinnesec 01-27-2011 03:09 AM

I hate to admit this (so don't tell anyone ;)) but I had homemade split pea soup for breakfast. It sounds strange, but it's one of my secrets for getting in all of my fruit and vegetable requirements each day.

quinn

canary52 01-27-2011 03:12 AM

Originally Posted by MunaAmin (Post 33865)
sweet potatoe soup with courgette and shrimp

Yum that sounds GREAT!

Mine today so far is Cascadian Farm Organic Multi Grain Squares and soy milk for breakfast. I know does not sound like a taste sensation but it was actually pretty good.

It is no sweet potato soup though! Recipe?

kcolville 01-27-2011 04:16 AM

For lunch I ate;

2 cups of cooked cabbage with 1 cut up chicken sausage in it :)

yummmm..

mecompco 01-27-2011 05:42 AM

Originally Posted by vabeachgirlNYC (Post 33723)
I need to find a girl scout! I want a thin mint sooo bad!

Oh, yes, my wife and I were both GS leaders (they needed a camping certified leader, so I went to leader camp--it was literally myself and 300 women. At least I got my own tent and there was one deep voice singing Kumbaya at the camp fire) :D

Anyway, my wife has recently informed me that she has "ordered one box of each" GS cookies :eek::eek::eek:.

Of course, I'll eat none, whatsoever (instead of my prior full box of thin mints and quart of milk at once sitting).

Regards,
Michael

sw07 01-27-2011 06:11 AM

Just got done eating a big red apple for my meal between B-fast & lunch.

Breakfast was my usual 2 scrambled eggs, 1/4 cup egg whites, 1 mushroom (diced) 3 strips of red bell pepper & habanero hot sauce.

The veggies are Sauteed in olive oil and then I add the eggs and everything is wrapped up in a small corn tortilla with a dash of low fat sour cream. I usually will have 4 of these small breakfast burritos for my early am food.
I'll also have 2 fish oil gel tabs and about 4 cups of coffee. This brings my calorie count to 759 for my morning meal.

canary52 01-27-2011 06:30 AM

Originally Posted by mecompco (Post 33900)
Anyway, my wife has recently informed me that she has "ordered one box of each" GS cookies :eek::eek::eek:.

Of course, I'll eat none, whatsoever (instead of my prior full box of thin mints and quart of milk at once sitting).

Can you not eat one or two? Or is that a silly question? Not ever having been a GS cookie affectionado (I can take em or leave em and I dislike Thin Mints) perhaps it would not be an issue for me. But chocolate candy or barbeque potato chips on the other hand....