Notices

What are you eating...

Old 05-16-2011, 02:44 PM
FitDay Member

Handfullah cashews!

Hiya folks, work has been very busy... just dropping in again! Missed y'all!
Old 05-17-2011, 06:36 AM
Super Moderator

Lightbulb

Two strips of Morningstar bacon on two toasted English muffins. This is the first time I tried the vegetarian bacon. It looks just like flat pieces of ugly cardboard! Put it in the microwave, cooked on 'high' for two minutes. Looked pretty much the same after cooking. Broke the stiff pieces up and put them on the two toasted muffins (that's 4 halves, toasted). Ate them. Guess what? They taste just like bacon, but less greasy. 60 calories for two slices - I like it! This is my new breakfast option.

I've gone 180 degrees, now - discarded the 'no white things in your diet' and 'no Frankenfoods, only natural whole foods' because, frankly, I'll NEVER live the rest of my life that way. It's not going to be the only foods I eat, but I no longer regard these things as poison. I'm not vegetarian, but I appreciate the lower-calorie things I can eat from that kind of menu.

I've been losing weight slowly, but definitely losing weight. I put my daily food intake in fitday and it looks good to me at the end of the day. Or, if not, the next day, I'll adjust, and over the week, my averages will look good.
Old 05-17-2011, 08:08 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by tandoorichicken
Handfullah cashews!

Hiya folks, work has been very busy... just dropping in again! Missed y'all!
Hey Nik, nice to see you're alive and kicking!
BTW you don't really pour bacon fat over your food, do you???

Originally Posted by Kathy13118
Two strips of Morningstar bacon on two toasted English muffins.

I've gone 180 degrees, now - discarded the 'no white things in your diet' and 'no Frankenfoods, only natural whole foods' because, frankly, I'll NEVER live the rest of my life that way. It's not going to be the only foods I eat, but I no longer regard these things as poison. I'm not vegetarian, but I appreciate the lower-calorie things I can eat from that kind of menu.
Kathy, I agree with you about not totally excising the frankenfoods from the diet. Definitely something I prefer to keep on the occassional list, but I too really like the Morningstar products. For me both the sausage patties and the sausage links are a great morning protein boost with lower fat. And there are just some times when it seem better to go with a canned protien shake over most other quicky options.

Back to the thead:
Homemade chicken salad from leftover roasted chicken in a multigrain pita.
Old 05-17-2011, 09:46 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by RunbikeSki
Hey Nik, nice to see you're alive and kicking!
BTW you don't really pour bacon fat over your food, do you???
No, I don't actually pour bacon fat over all my food.
I'll sometimes fry eggs in it though. And sauté vegetables in it.

Still freaks my parents out though.
Old 05-18-2011, 01:42 AM
FitDay Member

so far today:
3 egg whites, 2 chicken sausages and mushrooms in an omelette
1 c watermelon

No bacon fat though!!! The veggie bacon aint bad but I do like the real stuff. I pour off the grease and only eat the meat, not the fat. I have heard people cook with the fat, never tried it.
Old 05-18-2011, 02:06 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Oh, bacon fat is great! When camping we always cooked up the bacon first, then cooked eggs and toast in the grease--yum!

But, when I have bacon now, the grease gets tossed. At home I usually microwave it.

Coincidentally, today for lunch I have a bacon/chicken/ranch wrap--one of my favorite lunches. A couple slices of thick cut bacon, 2oz. of canned chicken breast and a tblsp of FF ranch in a 90 cal Flatout wrap.

Regards,
Michael
Old 05-18-2011, 03:25 AM
FitDay Member

Breakfast-1cup of fiber one cereal with 1 yogurt - 170 cals

Snack- one green pepper and carrots with 2 TBS hummus.- 100 calories

Lunch- flat out wrap with chicken a lettuce- 170 calories
grapefruit- 100 calories
Frozen SF pudding (forzen take longer for me to spoon) 60 calories

Snack- THIS IS KEY- I am in a meeting at this time where these is ALWAYS SWEETS AND SNACKS..I backed a trail mix with marshmellows, cereal, and 1 TBS of choc chips- 200 calories, this will help me not want any of the other stuff...i hope.

Totaling- 780 calories.

Leaving me with 720 calories for dinner (stew) and late night snack (frozen yogurt).
Old 05-18-2011, 09:27 AM
FitDay Member

Breakfast: 1 c. Cheerios, skim milk, banana, coffee

Lunch/Supper (whatever it is when you forget to eat lunch): Penne pasta with mushrooms; 2 c. of steamed spinach.

Snack: Granola bar

Rather high in fat, but otherwise not bad. Somehow I missed eating meat today.
Old 05-18-2011, 10:51 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Thumbs up bacon

Originally Posted by mecompco
Oh, bacon fat is great! When camping we always cooked up the bacon first, then cooked eggs and toast in the grease--yum!

But, when I have bacon now, the grease gets tossed. At home I usually microwave it.

Coincidentally, today for lunch I have a bacon/chicken/ranch wrap--one of my favorite lunches. A couple slices of thick cut bacon, 2oz. of canned chicken breast and a tblsp of FF ranch in a 90 cal Flatout wrap.

Regards,
Michael
I've found that 1 or 2 strips of bacon over the weekend really fits well into my diet. It is one of those foods I just love, but am happy to eat in moderation. I still fry it, but definitely toss the fat out and do everything I can to blot excess fat from the cooked strips.
Old 05-18-2011, 11:05 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Made boneless skinless chicken breast with black bean sauce for supper--came out great. The recipe is from "Cooking Light" which is a great magazine and they have a yearly collection of their recipes in a book (which someone gave me). Every recipe lists the nutritional info, which is most appreciated.

Regards,
Michael

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.