Notices

What are you eating...

Old 02-12-2011, 10:43 AM
FitDay Member

Stacey,

The egg white/oatmeal thing sounds really good. Can you tell me how you make it?
Old 02-12-2011, 10:44 AM
FitDay Member

I just got done with a bowl of homemade chicken vegetable soup.
Old 02-12-2011, 11:43 PM
FitDay Member

I'm actually eating Weetabix and drinking tea

I swear, Weetabix has been an absolute lifesaver for me! I've been using it as an alternative to biscuits in tea and coffee (sounds odd but they're yummy, trust me). Since I found out there are 80 kcal in one of the biscuits I used to eat 2 or 3 of with my tea.
Not going to touch those again!
Old 02-13-2011, 06:28 AM
FitDay Premium Member

I made up an egg salad concoction and it is nummy! 1 whole egg and 2 whites, cooked, 1 tablespoon of yogurt, smidgen of Dijon mustard. Chop it up together and eat slowly with a large glass of water and feel virtuous! Lol. I figured out my yogurt is 18 cal a tablespoon, it is the regular stirred yogurt..sure beats 99 cal for mayonnaise!! I think some green onion would be nice as well or really finely chopped celery for crunch.
Old 02-13-2011, 08:25 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by quinnesec
Stacey,

The egg white/oatmeal thing sounds really good. Can you tell me how you make it?
i find it turns out best when done in a microwave. so i use quick cooking plain oats put 1/4 cup of them into a bowl. i then add two eggs whites & 1/2 cup of water & diced apple. i then cook that in the microwave starting for 30 seconds then stir, cook for another 30 seconds & then check on it. you may need to cook it further depending on your microwave. it will be done when the egg whites are solid. make sure it is covered as the egg whites can at times make a mess...lol.

however currently i'm without microwave so now i scramble my egg whites i still use the quick cooking oats while the eggs are cooking i add boiling water to my oatmeal let that sit & when the egg whites are scrambled i add that to the oatmeal along with usually apple. it's still good this way, but not as custard/pudding consistency.
Old 02-13-2011, 08:27 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by vabeachgirlNYC
I love egg whites! I eat a cup almost everyday!
yay i'm not alone...lol
Old 02-14-2011, 03:21 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Lunch time! Today we have a sandwich consisting of two slices of low cal ww bread with yellow mustard, 2oz of left-over rotisserie chicken, a thin slice of smokey provolone and a nice romaine leaf. For dessert we have .5 cup of low fat cottage cheese. And of course, another 750ml of water.

Have a great Monday afternoon, everyone!

Regards,
Michael
Old 02-15-2011, 01:00 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Had the last remnants of the tenderloin I cooked Sunday for breakfast--a nice big 4oz hit of protein.

It's mid-morning snack time now--2 cups of purple seedless grapes.

For lunch at 11:00 I have a peanut butter and butter sandwich and a light orange and cream yogurt waiting in the 'fridge--yummy!

That puts me at about 700 cals. Not sure what supper's going to be yet.

Eat healthy, everyone!

Regards,
Michael
Old 02-15-2011, 01:02 AM
Super Moderator

A banana and a vitatops muffin, loading up for cardio class.
Old 02-16-2011, 01:31 PM
FitDay Premium Member

For those of you who are weighing your food would you please tell me the type of scale you are using? Thanks!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.