Community
Notices

chicken

Old 01-22-2011, 10:28 AM
FitDay Member

Default chicken

So, I bought a bunch of boneless, skinless chicken breast because it was on sale. I baked it, cut it up and put it all in a big tupperware bowl. Now I am wondering what exactly I should do with it. Suggestions?
Old 01-22-2011, 10:39 AM
FitDay Member

I buy the bags of boneless 3lbs at a time. This is what I do to mix it up.

1. You can mix with some veges and make stir fry.
2. I make chicken tacos with corn tortillas, I will toast the tortillas like a tostada and are better for you than flour tortilla.
3. You can add to salad with maybe some low fat cheese (I dont use cheese but you may want to add it) and low fat dressing. I try to avoid pita bread cause of the calories.
4. You can mix it in some chili instead of beef.
5. Skewer it with some peppers, onions, and mushrooms with a side of brown rice.
Old 01-22-2011, 11:13 AM
FitDay Member

Usually when I do that with chicken I bag it up in 1 lb containers and throw it in the freezer to pull out when I need dinner ready "RIGHT NOW".

Chicken salad, a dash of lite mayo, some mustard and a little sweet pickle relish, a tiny bit of diced onion and some red grapes cut in 1/2. It's dynamite with some alfalfa sprouts on a whole wheat slim bun.

Toss it with a drizzle of olive oil, peppers, onions, maybe a few olives, once it's warmed over and the veggies are soft toss with some parm cheese and oregano and serve it over spaghetti squash.

Chicken soup in the crock pot, veggies, broth, chicken, salt, pepper, ta-da let's eat.