Notices

Yogurt Free Smoothies?

Old 01-02-2011, 03:57 AM
FitDay Member

Default Yogurt Free Smoothies?

I have no problem with dairy in general, but lately yogurts aren't settling well in my stomach. I can't, for the life of me find a smoothie recipe that doesn't have yogurt in it. I'm open to trying anything suggested to me- even if you haven't tried it yourself. Can anybody suggest yogurt substitutes?
Old 01-02-2011, 05:41 AM
FitDay Member

I just throw a pkt. of instant breakfast in with frozen fruit and milk. They come out perfect every time!
Old 01-02-2011, 09:19 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by nottango
I just throw a pkt. of instant breakfast in with frozen fruit and milk. They come out perfect every time!
Alright, thanks!
Old 01-02-2011, 10:46 AM
FitDay Member

Frozen fruit, 1/2 banana and seltzer water... sometimes a small splash of non fat french vanilla coffee creamer.
Old 01-02-2011, 10:53 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by LisaAnnie
Frozen fruit, 1/2 banana and seltzer water... sometimes a small splash of non fat french vanilla coffee creamer.
I've never heard of putting seltzer water into a smoothie, but I'll give it a shot! Thanks!
Old 01-02-2011, 01:20 PM
FitDay Member

Frozen fruit and low sugar jam with some vanilla protein powder and maybe a splash of lite almond milk? Have you tried soy yogurt?
Old 01-02-2011, 06:44 PM
FitDay Member

Browsing through the forums and realized I AM drinking a yogurt free smoothie (fresh out of Fage). It's a post-workout-type one and I'm not sure if that interests you, but its one scoop of vanilla protein powder (I'm using ON Hydrolyzed Whey), 1/4 cup crushed pineapple, half a bannana, 1/4 cup milk, and a dash of vanilla. Pretty good --doesn't taste "protein-y" at all. You could also substitute ricotta or cottage cheese for the yogurt...
Old 01-03-2011, 09:12 AM
FitDay Member

You could try substituting with coconut milk (you can get low fat types if that's a concern) or almond milk. My favourite smoothie is:

1/2 can coconut milk
1 banana
ice or frozen berries.

You can also add unsweetened 100% cocoa powder for a treat
Old 01-08-2011, 08:41 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by almeeker
Frozen fruit and low sugar jam with some vanilla protein powder and maybe a splash of lite almond milk? Have you tried soy yogurt?
I haven't tried soy yogurt- but I think I might. Thanks!
Old 01-08-2011, 08:42 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by SailorDoom
Browsing through the forums and realized I AM drinking a yogurt free smoothie (fresh out of Fage). It's a post-workout-type one and I'm not sure if that interests you, but its one scoop of vanilla protein powder (I'm using ON Hydrolyzed Whey), 1/4 cup crushed pineapple, half a bannana, 1/4 cup milk, and a dash of vanilla. Pretty good --doesn't taste "protein-y" at all. You could also substitute ricotta or cottage cheese for the yogurt...
Ricotta or cottage cheese sounds kind of gross, but now I'm interested- I'll give it a shot. I might try try the protein one too. Thanks!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.