Notices

Omelettes - Whats your flavour?

Old 12-29-2010, 04:57 AM
FitDay Member

Default Omelettes - Whats your flavour?

Hi All

I'm making my first ever Omelette tonight. I love eggs so thought why not!

I'm using eggs (obviously) spinach, red onion and chicken breast.

I guess you can make Omelettes with whatever you fancy but just wondered if anyone had any Omelette recipes they use or tips of what goodness I can cram into an Omelette.

I'm also assuming they are not too bad calorie wise!?

I know people use potatoes in Omelettes but I've enough carb for one day.

Thanks
Old 12-29-2010, 05:26 AM
FitDay Premium Member

If it's for breakfast, I like onions, some cheese and ham. I just total up the ingredients for calorie purposes.

For lunch, I like to add some hot salsa--yum!

Omlets are a great way to get some protein and they really fill you up.

Regards,
Michael
Old 12-29-2010, 05:57 AM
FitDay Member

Canned tuna in olive oil (so I don't have to grease the pan) and a handful of spinach, pinch of salt and pepper to taste. Simple, filling, and tasty.
Old 12-29-2010, 06:13 AM
FitDay Member

My usual breakfast omelette is a combination of egg whites, eggs, cayenne pepper, black pepper, olive oil, mushrooms, spinach, red & green bell peppers, green onions, and a little bit of feta cheese.

If i'm on the go, I'll stuff the omelette into a whole wheat pita shell or roll them up in those mini corn tortillas with some Parmesan cheese & hot sauce (tapitio).
Old 12-29-2010, 07:54 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by sw07
My usual breakfast omelette is a combination of egg whites, eggs, cayenne pepper, black pepper, olive oil, mushrooms, spinach, red & green bell peppers, green onions, and a little bit of feta cheese.
Egg-actly! or any kind of cheese. Yum
Old 12-29-2010, 09:12 AM
FitDay Member

I usually have a 6-white omlette every morning (usually I'm in a hurry so I buy the whites in the carton). Since I am rushed, I usually just add a couple of tablespoons of Salsa. Love it.
Old 12-29-2010, 07:10 PM
FitDay Member

Yum! They all sound good! Although I'm not a fan of mushrooms nor are they a fan of me!

I'll be having another Omelette for dinner tonight, this time with the addition of a little chorizo.

I notice alot of people vary between green, white and red onions. Nutrionally speaking which is best for you or which are better for you in what way?
The reason I ask is because I love white and red onions the same but when I'm eating better I always seem to opt for Red Onion and want to know if theres method in my madness!?

Thanks to you all
Old 12-30-2010, 02:49 AM
FitDay Member

I don't think there is a huge nutritional difference between red and white onions, or between green, red, yellow or orange peppers, for the most part it's a taste thing. White onions tend to have a stronger flavor than red or yellow, each different color is a different variety, but calorie-wise and nutritionally they are about the same. Peppers are a little different, the different colors come from different varieties still, but green peppers are harvested from the same plants that produce red, yellow, orange and purple peppers, only the green ones aren't ripe yet. It's sort of like eating an apple that is still small and hard verses waiting for it to plump up and turn red.

I eat omelets often, my favorites are:

Egg whites, rf cheese and mushrooms served with a toasted whole grain slimbun

Whole eggs, salsa, chicken and rf colby jack, smothered with ff sour cream or Greek yogurt served with whole wheat tortillas

Egg whites, onion, beet greens (it's like spinach), ff cottage cheese (it's a lot like feta cheese) served with ww toast

Egg whites, red onion, rosemary (fresh), mushrooms, oregano and goat cheese or rf mozzarella with french or garlic bread or a slim bagel, aka "pizza omelet".

Whole eggs, stir fried veggies (oriental mix of some sort zucchini, onions, carrots, mushrooms etc etc), a pinch of ginger and soy sauce. I sometimes make this with leftover Chinese take out and call it an "egg drop omelet".

I usually buy medium eggs (they are cheaper and have slightly fewer calories than large eggs) and make it with either 3-4 egg whites or 2 whole eggs. Truthfully I like farm fresh eggs better than grocery store eggs, but around here they are hard to come by in the winter.

Last edited by almeeker; 12-30-2010 at 03:07 AM.
Old 12-30-2010, 05:07 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by GDay2011
I'll be having another Omelette for dinner tonight, this time with the addition of a little chorizo.
Wow, chorizo, that's been crossed of my list for a few years now....mmmm, I sure miss the greasy, spicy love that only chorizo can bring.
Come to think of it, I also miss grilling Linguiça and Kielbasa......
Meh, I'm better off without it anyways, at least that's what my blood tests are telling me.
Old 12-30-2010, 05:33 AM
Super Moderator

I eat omelets just about everyday. Usually for dinner. My favorite is actually the Spanish tortilla but I changed it to fit in my lower carb diet.

I use egg whites and french cut green beans or cauliflower instead of potatoes. I use olive oil spray and add whatever else I want to it. I also love the salsa!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.