ok - so in my quest for tasty, healthy meals, i remembered this recipe. I work at a vet clinic so we have LOTS of staff meetings! luckily my boss watches what she eats so she insists to always bring the food! every now and then she busts out this salad, and the bowl is empty each and every time! I love it, and its good for you, so eat up!
and tell me what u think, or added, or changed - i'd love to try it!
- lettuce (i use romaine), chopped into bite size pieces
- tomatoes (cherry are best)diced
- red/yellow/orange peppers, diced
- green onion, chopped
- strong cheese, shredded (i use goat)
- smoked turkey breast, sliced into bite size pieces
- avocado, sliced in cubes as big as you like (i love avocado, so i cut it up into small squares, so i get a little every bite)
- boiled egg, sliced
- 2T Red Wine Vinegar
- 1T Lemon Juice
- 1t Dijon Mustard
- 1/4t salt & sugar
- 1 lrg clove garlic, crushed
- 1/4C olive oil
above is the original, and i don't have measurements for the salad ingredients because i really cook by eyeing my ingredients, and also because you can add how much of each you like better. I did, however, add a 1/4t of cayenne pepper to the dressing before i mixed it - because i like the spice, and i heard it boosts your metabolism.