FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Food talk (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/food-talk/)
-   -   DELICIOUS Baked/Boiled Chicken Breasts (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/food-talk/2214-delicious-baked-boiled-chicken-breasts.html)

AndiNorwich 10-22-2010 07:31 AM

DELICIOUS Baked/Boiled Chicken Breasts

When a recipe calls for shredded, diced or just plain ol' chicken breasts, I use this recipe:

1 bag of boneless Skinless Chicken breasts
1 can of Low Sodium Chicken Broth
Garlic powder
Mrs. Dash (your fav flavor. I use the original mainly)
13x9 Casserole Dish
Aluminium Foil

Preheat oven to 400 degrees

pour chicken broth into the casserole dish
place chicken breasts flat in the dish
add seasonings to your liking
cover with foil
bake for 1 hour

The breasts are tender and juicy! You can create a gravy from the broth, use the broth for soup bases, etc.

Kathy13118 10-23-2010 06:25 AM

A similar method to get a very tender juicy breast is to cook them (poach) in chicken broth. Bring the broth to a boil, seasoned with cut vegetables if you want more flavor of vegetables, then add the thawed skinned and boneless chicken, any part of the chicken - breast, thigh, legs, wings, etc. - and turn off the heat. After a few minutes, heat the chicken and broth on low heat so it barely simmers.

After maybe twenty minutes, take a piece of chicken out and cut into it. See what the center looks like. It can be barely pink in the center, surrounded by white, and come out of the broth. Then do a quick saute in butter if you want some fatty flavor.

cjohnson728 10-23-2010 06:44 AM

Along the same lines...if you are needing it for a Mexican/Southwestern recipe, put the breasts in a slow cooker, dump a jar of salsa or picante sauce over them, add whatever spices you like (cumin, chili powder, red pepper, etc.), some onions and/or garlic if you choose, and cook on low 8 hours or so. The meat is so tender it shreds with a spoon and the flavor is amazing. You can use it on nachos, in tortillas, in tacos, or on salads.

luvlowkarb 11-15-2010 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by AndiNorwich (Post 23751)
When a recipe calls for shredded, diced or just plain ol' chicken breasts, I use this recipe:

1 bag of boneless Skinless Chicken breasts
1 can of Low Sodium Chicken Broth
Garlic powder
Mrs. Dash (your fav flavor. I use the original mainly)
13x9 Casserole Dish
Aluminium Foil

Preheat oven to 400 degrees

pour chicken broth into the casserole dish
place chicken breasts flat in the dish
add seasonings to your liking
cover with foil
bake for 1 hour

The breasts are tender and juicy! You can create a gravy from the broth, use the broth for soup bases, etc.

Thanks for the recipe idea.
Do you cook the chicken breasts from frozen, or do you defrost them first?

almeeker 11-15-2010 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by cjohnson728 (Post 23808)
Along the same lines...if you are needing it for a Mexican/Southwestern recipe, put the breasts in a slow cooker, dump a jar of salsa or picante sauce over them, add whatever spices you like (cumin, chili powder, red pepper, etc.), some onions and/or garlic if you choose, and cook on low 8 hours or so. The meat is so tender it shreds with a spoon and the flavor is amazing. You can use it on nachos, in tortillas, in tacos, or on salads.

You can also rush these along in a saute pan on the stove. I simmer the chicken breasts maybe 20-30 minutes and shred them with a pair of forks. It's a great way to make chick taco salad.

cjohnson728 11-16-2010 01:58 AM

Originally Posted by cjohnson728 (Post 23808)

Did this with a pork tenderloin the other night, using homemade bbq sauce instead of the salsa and spices...it came out equally awesome.