Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > FOOD > Food talk
need good dinner ideas >

need good dinner ideas

Community
Notices

need good dinner ideas

Old 10-07-2010, 10:50 AM
FitDay Member

Made some kale and broccoli stir fry last week, it was delicious.

Just used about a tablespoon of coconut oil in a skillet, 6-8 cloves garlic depending on your preference (I LOVE garlic) then chopped kale, broccoli florets, red bell peppers and one thai chili if you don't mind the heat (most of the spiciness gets cooked out anyways). Wilt the kale a little with a few teaspoons of soy sauce and take it off the heat just as the kale is getting really flimsy, or if you start singe-ing the broccoli.

Serve over rice. It's delicious.
Old 10-07-2010, 03:27 PM
FitDay Member

Made this the other day and it was the BOMB!!! Take 2teaspoons of whole wheat flour and 2 teaspoons taco seasoning take chicken cut it up in chunks and toss in the flour and seasonings. Throw in a crockpot with 1 green & 1red pepper cut in slices and 1 jar salsa. Cook on low for 6-8 hours server over some brown rice and sprinkle with low fat cheddar cheese or cheese of your liking.
Old 10-13-2010, 10:30 AM
FitDay Member

how about some lentil crepes !!!!

my most fav one is this... soak equal quantities of green gram, brown rice, split chickpeas, pigeon peas for an hour or so and then grind them together with some ginger and green chilli pepper ( to add sum spicyness) ... i add some some chopped cilantro and cumin seeds too to the batter..... i usually make crepes at medium heat with a closed lid on a non-stick pan.. so they tend to absorb little to no oil....

u can add or remove one or more of the lentils... the more ... the tastier

grind a bunch of cilantro with little ginger n garlic .... add some salt n a squeeze of lemon.... it makes a great dip...

also saute whole lentils wid sum paprika powder and grind it with little water n add sum salt .... its a gr8 dip for celery n carrots !!

hope u njoy them
Old 10-14-2010, 05:47 AM
FitDay Member

Default my wife made this last night...was soooo filling

Alright, this might not sound the healthiest, but bear with me. We try to make meals that the whole family will eat (8yo boy, 2yo boy, 16yo female monster, the wife and myself) on a budget. This is so filling that you'll only eat 1 serving of it, which clocks in at 336 calories.

Amy's Meat Roll Thing

30 oz Ground Beef (we used the 83% stuff, you can use the lower fat stuff if you want, it'll reduce the calories)
5 oz Reduced Fat Feta Cheese (the little plastic container at Aldi's)
2 oz Fresh Baby Spinach
Oregano
Garlic Powder
Onion Powder
Salt
Pepper
Thyme
Dried Parsley

First, take the ground beef and flatten out between 2 long pieces of saran wrap (spritz the wrap with water). Flatten it until it's about the width of the wrap, and about a foot long or a little more. It'll be between 1/2 and 1/4 inch thick. Use a rolling pin. Once it's flat, lift the upper piece of wrap and season it to taste with all the seasonings listed. Then, add the spinach in a single layer, covering all but the last inch or so of meat. Do the same with the Feta. Roll it up, starting at the end opposite the uncovered end. Lightly season the outside of the roll with salt and pepper. Bake at 375 for 30 to 40 minutes.

Once it's done, cut into 6 even pieces. Each piece will be about 336 calories. You won't need to eat more than one, I promise. This would probably be good with a little simple sauce, maybe a tzatziki-type sauce, too. You could probably do this really nicely with some ground lamb or a ground beef/ground pork combo.

We served this with a spinach salad, made of just spinach, some red onion, a little feta, some crumbled bacon and red wine vinegar. One of the best meals I've had in a while.